HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS
Old 07-10-2005, 07:56 AM
strut
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN IN THE WOODS

One morning as it was just starting to break daylight in the deer woods while hunting on my farm I could here something coming in the leaves, It finally got close enough I could make out part of an image but could'nt tell what it was, I was starting to get a little nervous, I could tell that it was about 4 foot tall and walked up right and it was coming right to me, after a few minutes it was close enough to see, I could'nt believe it, it was an Emu, where it came from I don't know, but it ended up following me home, I had been back in the house about 10 minutes that morning and my wife saw it coming across one of the fields, see hollered at me and said come look at this big turkey in our field LOL it was about 250 yards away and coming straight to the house just like I walked, Later that day and one of the last times I saw it the cows had him moving on across one of the pastures, I guess it belonged to someone that released it or it had escaped, but for something like this to walk up on you before daylight is not exactly fun.