HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What makes for a successful hunt?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2005, 07:53 PM
tocs

Default RE: What makes for a successful hunt?

These are things we don't think about often enough!The responses so far are great!I am always very dissapointed when a season ends or a trip ends and I havn't had the level of success I would have liked.Success for me is more a matter of effort,if I have given a season my all or a trip my all then I am satisfied.I feel so priveleged to partake in the beauty of the natural world and the hunt that I have such a sense of gratitude to be out there going after it, all of my senses as keen as they ever are.Man I never feel more alive as when I am hunting!No I don't have to kill something to have my hunt be a success,I certainly work toward that end,but the hunt itself is more than enough!We all know that we witness things and have levels of awe and excitement that people that don't do what we do never have the privelege to experience.
Of course another big consideration is the sharing of the time with friends and family in those settings.I can visualize so clearly hunting experiences I have had with close friends where we celebrated one anothers success or consoled one another when we didn't have the out come that we would have wanted.
I guess they are all successful,some are just a little sweeter than others!