HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - big game draw sasaktchewan
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 06:52 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: big game draw sasaktchewan

Saskabush, best of luck in the draw. As far as maps/photos call ICS in Regina (306) 787-2799, when you get drawn then tell them the zone and area you maybe thinking of hunting. They will be able to tell you the Topo Map location codes that maybe of use for your hunt and also point you to places you can purchase the maps locally. I have always found them excellent to deal with in the past. It is highly advisable to look at a topo grid map prior to ordering as they aren't cheap at 16/map, so you'll want to make sure the info is of use. I purchase my maps in saskatoon from a geological firm so I suspect that someone in Lloyd would sell maps or at least allow you to see them prior to ordering. Another resource is the University of Saskatchewan but for you not real practical unless you plan a trip to S'toon this summer. At the UofS you can look at the sask grid topo map and pull any section you wish for closer inspection great starting tool if accessible.

As far as scouting I do a large portion by way of a topo map then scout area closer to season as the behaviours or patterns change with approaching rut/winter in moose country from my experience. Summer trips are really for learning the lay of the land,etc so as long as you can spend some time prior to hunting you should be fine.

Hopefully it helps you some. Anything else I'll do my best to lend you hand. GOOD LUCK getting pulled