HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 7mm-08 - Whitetail/Black Bear/ Hog Bullet?
Old 05-22-2005, 08:45 PM
firstshot

Default 7mm-08 - Whitetail/Black Bear/ Hog Bullet?

I just got a new Rem 700 Mtn LSS in 7MM-08 this spring and would like to find one load that would be good for Whitetail, Black Bear, and Hogs.

I hunt in the mountains of NW Arkansas primarilly for Whitetail; however, you always stand a chance of coming across a black bear or a big hog. ( took a nice black bear this past season on the first day of muzzleloader deer season.) Where we hunt shots over 200 Yds would be rare with most being at 150Yds or less.

I reload and so far have tried 140Grn Sierra Game Kings (3/4"@100Yds) and 150Grn Ballistic Tips (1-1 1/2"@100Yds). I just loaded up some 140Grn Accubonds but haven't got to shoot them yet and just picked up some 140Grn Hornady Interlocks. I'm also planning of trying some 140 & 150Grn Partitions and some 154Grn Hornady Round Nose.

Right now, depending on how well they shoot, I'm leaning toward either the partitions or the accubonds.

What 7MM-08 bullet / bullet weight would you recommend as a one size fits all for deer/bear/hogs?

firstshot
----------------------------------
Make your first shot count!