HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 400 Yard shots at elk? Heck with that check out this video that has a 750 yard shot at a elk!
Old 05-20-2005, 02:02 AM
Kodiman

Default RE: 400 Yard shots at elk? Heck with that check out this video that has a 750 yard shot at a elk!

Bad choice of words when I said "Short Range guys".. Should have been "Anti- Long Range guys" ....

I saw an outdoors show a while back, where guy's were plinkin' a steel "Buffalo" target a 1000 yards out with every shot, using just "open sights."....... With Muzzleloaders!!!! Man, talk about luck!

Now, touchin' one off at 750 yds. on game? That should only be reserved for those who live and breathe long range shooting. That's alot of "air time" for most of us... But, to say 400 yards is the limit, or even too far to shoot at an animal, is saying alot about the shooters' own abilities and thier choice in cartridges.. Especially, with the "tackle" available to us today. Cartridge, Ballistics, Bullet choice, and Energy tell us it can be done, easily. Let your own skills be your guide. That said, I like to get close...

"Off Hand" Caribou shot at 348 yards. Bang! Flop!

Told ya' I like to get close....