HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best place to shoot an elk??
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 07:20 AM
ELKampMaster

Default RE: Best place to shoot an elk??

ElkCrazy8,

I turned that green dot over to red sometime ago, now all I see is....

"***Ignored*** This user is on your "block" list and the message has been blocked.***"

God what a relief.
================

Generally Speaking:
I can understand, respect and deal with opposing viewpoints. However, it becomes a beast of a different color when the message (even if it contains relevent info) is couched in personal attacks, taunts, slapstick, potty mouth, and
sh!tkicker-itis.
================

Trolls, the bane of Internet forums.

Since trolls appear to thrive on the dissention and anger created by personal attacks (versus the wrestling of ideas and issues), IMHO the only effective response is to ignore them. Without their required daily dose of negative responses to "feed on" they typically "wither" rather quickly. The problem usally lies in the fact that on any given day trolls can typically goad someone into responding to their insults and thus get their daily "anger fix".

I have seen some "class A1 trolls" dealt with over at A/R in this fashion and it seems to be quite effective. When the troll continues to keep popping up, folks keep reminding them with this post....

That's funny, all I see is,
" ***Ignored*** This user is on your "block" list and the message has been blocked.*** "
================

Take it and use it for what ever you think it is worth.