HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need a trunk monkey for turkey hunting
Old 05-08-2005, 11:05 AM
Jollyarcher
Typical Buck

Default RE: I need a trunk monkey for turkey hunting

Man, I feel your frustration. I've lived in PA since birth and must agree that this HAS to be one of the worst states for inconsiderate hunters.

I've had so-called hunters this year alone, one week into the season, come in late and see my setup disregarding it completely, come into my calls at mid morning, walk in late right through my dekes to a bird I'm working, while others have walked into the woods after I wave them off at sunrise and blow birds from the roost. I've experienced hunters that move in - within sight of me while I worked a bird to actually shoot it as it came up the ridge, and just last Saturday, pull in behind me as I'm getting out of the truck and act like I'm not there to hunt the same Tom... the horror stories go on and on.

Makes me wonder what the heck burning up an entire weeks vacation was worth, not to mention getting up everyday at 0330 just to go out and get screwed up by the masses.

I used to throw stones at those guys on TV who paid to hunt this ranch or this game farm, but now I'm not so sure they are the ones I should be throwing rocks at. [:@]