HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New York State Hog Hunting
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Puddy

Default RE: New York State Hog Hunting

Just went last week to Homer, Cold Brook Hunts. I hate to talk about any place and give them a bad name, but it was the worst hunt I have ever been on. Wanted us to go sit and wait, said maybe the hogs would move around to us, ya right. We sat for over 4 hours, they came and got the guy who went with us, he was using a Muzzle Loader. He shot the first one. Then they drove 3 of them to us on a 4 wheeler. I think they brought them from the barn. They were far from any other Russian Boar I have hunted. Usually we stalk them, and if they see you they are gone, not these. Last year I went to The Old Stone Fence. These hogs were mean. Tasted lousy though. It is a small enclosure too. I didn't like that. We could either sit in a stand or on the ground. It was more fun at the Old Stone Fence though. I don't know why the hog tasted so strong though. I had Russian boars twice from a place we hunted at in Brookfield Ny. He wasn't open this year though. That was the best hunt I have been on yet. We stalked them, me and a friend always bowhunt them. I am going to keep looking around for other hunts. I definitely will not go back to Cold Brook hunts, if I have to, I will go back to the Old Stone Fence.