HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Want your own Wingbone call? [Pictures added at end]
Old 04-24-2005, 09:39 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Want your own Wingbone call?

Here are some pictures tow hat I have made and some wierd calls due to bones that have ben broken inthe birds life.

The above are Leg bone call/Stirkers I use.

other side

These are some calls I made out of Canada goose wings. I use them from the truck for long distance locators.....need to make some more but in a shorter variety.

Some personal favorites.
Due notice the "O"-ring used to quickly locate the sweet spot for me and I use these "O"rings as a hands free holder at times when I have the gun up and need that one more cluck.

Making the many I do I do run into broken bones that have healed. I don't run inot these too often and do save them for myself.

Notice the tip of one mouthpiece and the middle bone both broke during the birds life.

And soem Mini - wingbone calls I make with the pieces I have left over. Minis can be hands free......more like my pocket rocket for talkin' Turkey!

And then a differnt type of call. I repaired a call for someone and he sent me a call that one call up fromthe bottom. I thought that it was rather unique so I tried to make a few. They work just fine!

Now the bottom two in these pictures and the top call is what I make. The thread wrapped one was sent to me from Priarie calls (Larry Gresser- much nicer than I make!)I leave them a little longer than normal. But can make them any wya you want!

JW