Community

TEAM 24 - Sudden Death

Old 04-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TEAM 24 - Sudden Death

yea i know its really comical to watch them fight but i wish i can take and got atleast one of them this morring but i'll get him one day when i go out again
Old 05-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Typical Buck

Hey were's all the scores Team! Been busy but managed to upgrade my score with my second bird. First in Ontario. Posted it up already Captain. Pic included this time.

Now I have to shoot a real dandy to top 64.85! One more tag to go...........

Old 05-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

oh ok sounds good butdang thats somereallynice turkeys you goti been tring but not had any luck on getting one but give me time i think i got a week left and i'll try any thing to get one lol
Old 05-04-2009, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

well thanks Captain. I was beginning to think no one on my Team cared about me At least one response
Old 05-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

lol, you know we love you ontelk.i am still trying to recover from another weekend of hunting.

congrats on the turkeys!
Old 05-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Spike

Nice birds OntElk! I'm glad someone is having better luck than me. The only birds I've been seeing besides my decoys are the ones I see on my way to work in the mornings and those have been pretty scarce lately. I'm blaming it on the rain.

Went out Sunday afternoon to hunt a couple new spots and surprise surprise....it rained. Just a little bit, but it still rained.Then it cleared off to be nice and sunny late in the afternoon. Still didn't see anything though.

I'm beginning to think my hunting buddy is bad luck.....(but don't tell him that!)
Old 05-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

lol we all care about you ontelk this is a team thats care for every one on their team. same here kshunterchickin been blaming it on the rain every since i got a cold on the seacond day of turkey season
Old 05-05-2009, 06:26 AM
Typical Buck

lol. Thanks all!

I have to eat crow however because I missed congratulating other team members. I checked the standing and I see there is 4 other birds from our team been killed.

CONGRATS! I imagine it is somewhere back in the 24 pages of responses but I'll just throw out a "good job" to whoever tagged so far.

Go get 'em team.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't checked up in a while guys. My season ended on the 1st and I have to say that while it wasn't a dissappointment, I was a little let down. Started strong with the bird the first Saturday, but after the first weekend we didn't really see or hear much. To top it off, I pulled up about 6:30pm past the house to the area I hunt in to check and make sure anyone wasn't hiding up there, and there were five jakes standing less than 30yds from the truck. They didn't even bother to run, they just stood there for a minute or so and walked away slowly. What a whopper of a way to end a season. But, all isn't lost, at least now we can pull out the Honda motorcycles and the four wheeler and ride the roads, trails and woods without worrying about scaring away any game.

Here's hoping we come out on top......I'll drink one for the team!!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Spike

Well....I still don't have any pictures to post. But, we do have a good story to tell.

Here's how it went down. I couldn't have done a better job retelling it. Mind you....once again, it rained. I think I'm just going to have to get used to turkey hunting in the rain.

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

Went out on Sunday early afternoon to a new spot that looks awesome. We're walking in and we spook a hen off the field. We keep going and get setup. (girlfriend want to set up right where we spooked the hen, that's important in a second) So we continue on down the corner of the field. We get set up and wait about 20 minutes and I call a little bit. A hen comes out about 300 yards to our west (left cuz we're facing NW). We then look up and there are some hens coming into the field about 400 yards on the other side of it. Then Rhonda looks NE and sees a big tom strutting (came out right where she wanted to sit ofcourse). He struts his way across the corn to the hens and then hes hung up. He struts in the same place for 2 hours so we decide to put the sneak on him. We abandoned ship and headed west down through a creek. We stopped to check on our boy periodically and he's still just strutting away in the same spot. We get all the way around and we start our way north on the last leg of the stalk and I crawl out the edge to get a visual. Well he's moved and he's strutting right to us!. I get Rhonda set up with the gun and the wait is on. After about 20 minutes and no turkeys moving through the trees we were in I decided to poke my head and get a look. Well we had a hen about 10 yards left of us and she putts and goes back out into the open. I continue to get to my knees to get a look and there's our boy about 20 yards away strutting facing away from us. How perfect right? Well I cluck at him a couple times and he gobbles instantly. I have Rhonda crawl up to me and I stand her up slowly behind this huge tree and tell her to get ready. I am on my knees next to her and she is set up. I cluck at him and he turns and struts straight into our laps. She tells me she's gonna wait for him to turn and then he does just like I scripted it. She's on him and she shoots! Clean miss at 20 yards.[:@] She hands the gun to me and I crawl out the edge and there he is at about 45 yards. Long shot with a 20 guage but I let one fly and he and he haram take off and go into the trees. Great hunt though. She cried all the way back to the blind. She is spoiled by success and has never missed to date. She'll get one.
Now we put a sneak on this tom that would make anyone jealous. And I came up empty handed. And dissapointed and mad.So, back to the house we wentso I could drown my sorrows in agallon of chocolate ice cream and grilled pork chops.

Sigh.....there is always next weekend.

Quick Reply: TEAM 24 - Sudden Death

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.