Community

TEAM 24 - Sudden Death

Old 04-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: TEAM 24 - Sudden Death

Way to go Rockby, now we're in business on Team 24!

I've heard one gobble a day in the past two weeks here. This weekend is the last of the season and I'm hoping to get another and one for my son. Our sesason ends next Friday, so they need to get to moving and gobbling or else I'm only gonna have enough for a couple sandwiches. I can't believe the first weekend of the season we were surrounding by gobbling and haven't seen or heard a thing for weeks.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

dang sounds like something has got them scared or something that the same thing happen here untill i found out that they was some one else hunting in my hunting grounds and i had to run themoff my propertyand now i'm hunting somewhere else and see if i can get one if i can i'll be really happy to post it on here
Old 04-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

hey team, Sorry but I was unsuccessful opening day. I heard 7 different birds but i also heard two shots. I had a bird about 120 yds away but he was with a hen. it was kinda cool though, i would call and she would mimic me then the tom would gobble. This happened 8 times in a 20 min period. I was hoping to bring the hen in looking for a fight and the tom would follow.
I wont be able to go again til sunday morning...wish me luck!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

good luck zmschilliin hope you get that stupid tom to come in close enuff to blast him lol if not go and move your blind closer to where he comes out in the field in the wood line and then wait for him to come out your way
Old 04-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

Gotter 'er done Team!

Couple of us Canadians went down to Southern Ohio for thier opener. Nasty, nasty weather! Very tough conditions but I shot a nice longbeard on Thurs morning.

Now it's time for a couple of Ontario birds for the Team
Old 04-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

thats good whats the score on it and i'll post it on the score board
Old 04-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Spike

Another crappy, windy, rainy weekend here in Kansas. [:@] Saw a couple hens, but that was it. It's supposed to rain all week, so hopefully that means nice weather this weekend! I've got an itchy release finger!

How did everyone else fair this weekend?

vmartin -- How was the hunting in Manhattan? Hopefully better than here in SE Kansas!
Old 04-28-2009, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

the weather was terrible, bad wind, rain, hot and muggy. it was very hard hunting this weekend. i hardly ever found a tom that could be called in.

we ended up having to use prescouted patterns and off beat tactics and stalking to get our birds, but somehow we came through. in total we killed 3 rio grande turkeys and 6 eastern turkeys. one tom weighed 25.5 pounds, another weighed 23 pounds, both had 1.25" spurs and 10 inch beards. one of the toms, his beard was unique as it wasthick as a broomand split in 2 directions.
i hope the weather is good this next weekend.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

congrats vmartin on your turkeys i went out yesturday and had a cuple of good size toms take and gobble at my call and then a hen came out and then thats when the figt broke out between them and then i watched and see if they will come my way or the other way well to puta long story short they went the other way afther fighting for about 2 hours on and off and then some one came in and scard them off so i gave up and came home and tried this morring and see if i can get them to come back out in to the field
Old 04-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

i like to watch them fighting dh1984, some times it is pretty comical to watch thier matrix kicks and stuff. friday was the one good morning for us and we watched one big tom fight 9 jakes away from a bunch of hens. the big tom breed atleast 4 hens in front of us, this went on from fly down untill 11:00. then things got too hot and the turkeys started to hide under trees to stay cool.

Quick Reply: TEAM 24 - Sudden Death

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.