Community

TEAM #23 -"Full Strut"

Old 04-23-2009, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TEAM #23 - New - need 2 more tho

Congrats to you kybowhunter. Way to go on your first bird. That is one you will never forget!! That will add somemore #s to the team!! By the way is anyone down your way finding any morel mushrooms?
Old 04-24-2009, 07:30 AM
j76
Typical Buck

BIRD DOWN!!!!!
It was do or die this morn! Had some guys move onto the stateland right next to me yesterday, roosted a couple of toms and some hens last night and i knew if we couldn't get em this morn we may not get another chance. We set up on them REAL close, i could see a couple hens in the tree right out in front of me as it was getting light. Got there extra early and got into position as quietly as we could. Began to get light and started hearing some distant gobbles, but nothing by us! That started to make me really nervous, had we got too close and blew it? Finnally heard a bird come down couldn't see it tho and still no gobble. A few tense seconds later and out pops one of the two toms about 40 yrds in front of us. Hunting with my Dad who has never shot a turkey and we really wanted a double so we waited. The hens started to fly down and were landing right by the tom in front of us, like I said, we sat up REAL close to them!! Finally the second tom appeared and they started strutting, they showed no interest in my deeks and i felt they were too close to try and call plus they were moving eaven farther away. So it was now or never! We both cut loose on them and unfortunately my dad was shooting a full choke with 2 3/4 shells and it just wasn't quite enough to get the job done at that range. But mine went right down, it was a 50 yrd shot! Not a huge bird but definately a hunt i will never forget, just wish my dad could have knocked the other one down too, that would have made a great hunt eaven better!
Eastern with shotgun
18.25 lbs
3/4 in spurs
beard 8 in

Old 04-24-2009, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

YEA!!!! Way to putem down!!! Congrats to you!!! and sorry about your dad, But thats it ok, Ill bet he had a blast!! That is what its all about the bonding and getting out into the great outdoors with family and friends whether you come home with something or not. (It is nice to come home with something sometimes!) Its days like that you will look back on years later and say "dad do you remember the day when we ?" Thats what im talken about!!! That some more #s for the team. Congrats again on the bird! wahoooooooo...
Old 04-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

way to goJ76!!!!!!!!I know u been dying to get one .congrats
now eastern at
18.4 ozlbs +3/4+3/4+8 or
18.25 + .750 + .750+ 8

Your score is 18.25 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 16 = 49.25

Team total 135.75
Old 04-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Spike

Congrats to all team members that have scored on a birdthus far. Seasons begins tomorrow in PA, and I will be out trying to bag a bird myself. Hopefully they will be cooperating and I can put one down. Good luck to all who are going out this weekend.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

hi tca126 gl tomarrow

Iwanted to share my homemade ground blind with u all
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3406344

Old 04-24-2009, 10:48 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Good luck to ya tca!!! lets keep the #s comin!!!

Old 04-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATS j76 !!!

Today was the first day of my season and I nearly put it together. 3 different Gobblers came by struttin' their stuff for a Hen but they just wouldn't come closer than 60 to 70 yards! [&:]TomorrowI made arrangements to hunta different property but I may be back to try for one of those strutters on my own property.

One thing is for certain, the birds are NOT makin' much noise at all. As soon as they hit the ground, a couple gobbles and then stay with the ladies and keep their mouths shut.... . Seems our birds are running a bit behind schedule for this time of year but henned up or not.... I'm gonna stay on 'em and try my best to put some numbers up for Team Full Strut!

Good luck to you guys and gals still hunting and CONGRATS to our Team members that are already on the scoreboard!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the birds guys and gal!!!! 2 more weeks here yet andI'm getting the itch real bad. I've had the cams out and got a few good pics, butI seem to have a coyote problem,I have more coyotes on camera than I do turkeys.

good luck to everyone!!

Old 04-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Typical Buck

congrats everyone one more week to go here in NY, can't wait!

Quick Reply: TEAM #23 -"Full Strut"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.