Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 TEAM 22 - ShootemInDaFace >

TEAM 22 - ShootemInDaFace

Community

TEAM 22 - ShootemInDaFace

Old 04-09-2009, 07:32 AM

Default RE: TEAM 22 - Check in

Good luck!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Spike

Anybody on team 22 got a bird on the ground yet????

Old 04-13-2009, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Well opening day finally arrived here in SD for me. Went out early Saturday morning, birds were gobbling from the roost nice and loud. I had 4 birds come in and stand 2 feet away from my blind, I unfortunately could not shoot out that side of the blind, I didnt have any of the windows open (im using a bow.) They gobbled like mad but never walked out in front. Had a few hang up just out of range. They must not have liked my set up. I had out two hen decoys. Might try something else next time. I have a B-Moble at home. Overall it was a great morning, lots of gobbling, and got to see a few more birds, and the Girlfriend got to go on her first hunting trip, all it was missing was an arrowed bird. Unfortuntely due to the holiday weekend and family commitments I was not able to get back out. Gonna give it another try tommorrow.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

SD Gobbler sounds like a good time even though you didnt bag a bird. My NC was a blast, but no bird for the first time in a few years, the birds were acting real goofy. Lots of great video footage. Opening morning we heard multiple gobblers on the roost. We set up on what we thought were multiple birds in one location. We started working them and had them coming hard gobbling like crazy. We realized there were more than 2, than 3, then we saw the coming through the hardwoods. We had 5 birds gobbling in unison coming right for us and the deeks. Once they were within 30 yards I could see the first 2 were jakes, BUMMER!! They came right in on our deeks, 8 yards from me for 20 minutes some were strutting, all were responsing to calls gobbling at the same time, was very cool. The finally worked their way off when 2 hens came in to the whole ruckuss, one hen had a 5" + beard. I was considering shooting her because Ive been looking to get a bearded hento add tomy mounts, but, being we had so much action the first 45 minutes I decided I would wait. We did see more Jakes that morning and more hens but no longbeards. Sat afternoon was a blow out, 30mph winds, rain, and temps dropped like 20 degrees. Mon morning we had lots of birds gobbling on the roost. We set up on one, he got quiet as soon as he hit the ground, we waited an hour and decided to try and locate another bird, none were responding to locater calls at all. One of us did connect on a gobbler at 12 yards with a bow, he flew right into the deeks. We didnt seeANY strutting action in any of the fields the entire 5 days we were there, and we only saw a few birds in the fields the entire trip, very unlike my past NC trips. I think we were a few weeks early this year. Md season opener is this Sat, hopefully I can connect. Going out tonight to try and roost some birds for Sat morning. Thats all for now.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

Well team, our season opener is in the morning. The weather looks great and the birds were sounding off this morning. I will be out in full force in the morning hoping to put our team on the board. If tomorrow does not see me tagging a bird, the rest of the week sees me on vacation. I will be out each and every day that the good Lord allows me.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck jondoe, looking forward to seeing you put our first bird up. I went out last night to one of my MD properties and roosted 4 birds in my honey hole. If the turkey Gods cooperate hopefully 1 will want to play tomorrow morning for the MD opener. Good luck to everyone.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Well team, the hotspot that I have been keeping you up to date on paid off this morning. Shot this nice two year old at 6:50a.m. 22.46 lbs., 9-1/2" beard, and 3/4" spurs on both legs.

NWTF score = 56.5

I will try to get a full story typed up later.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:07 PM

Very nice jondoe! Congrats.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:39 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice bird!! Congrats

Quick Reply: TEAM 22 - ShootemInDaFace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.