Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 TEAM 22 - ShootemInDaFace >

TEAM 22 - ShootemInDaFace

Community

TEAM 22 - ShootemInDaFace

Old 03-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TEAM 22 - Check in

I am here to share with my team what I saw on our farm today. While we were in search of a calf that had slipped our grips I saw not one, not two, not even three longbeards, but FOUR longbeards in our pasture field! While there were several other birds with them I can't help but think I am sitting on top of a hot spot come April 18th. Trust me, it will not get here soon enough with sightings like that.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

good luck jondoe
Old 03-30-2009, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first hunt will be in NC opening day April 11th. Im heading down on the 9th to locate birds for a few days, and to film pre hunt stuff. Then back to MD for a week.

jondoe, sounds like you have a definate opportunity there, good luck.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Fork Horn

This is killing me! I watched two nice longbeards settle the score on who was boss yesterday afternoon in front of a few ladies. That was a first for me. Later I came back with the video camera in hopes of catching those birds back in the pasture field. I was disappointed that they had left, but was excited to see another gobbler with three hens feeding. I ended up with almost 15 minutes of footage. The last two or three minutes were of him strutting his stuff before entering the woods heading to roost.

Guys, I have a good feeling about this upcoming season!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:17 AM

MAN! Your killing me! I haven't been able to get out and scout at all. All I've been able to do is watch the flock from a very long distance. Too far to tell what was what. But youth is this weekend and my buddy and I are taking his son out. Well be in my blind at sunrise Saturday morning.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leaving Thursday for NC to start my season. Will be there for 5 days. Then I head back to MD for the opener and off to 4 more states, cant wait, Im ready to get this party started.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:23 PM

I can't wait to get this party started! Still have two weeks. I able to accompany my friend and his son this weekend for the youth hunt. Probably had something to do with needing my blind. Anyways, we had 8 hens fly down and scratch for a few minutes and then they headed off. Not much more than that. We only had 1 gobbler sound off once from neighboring property far off.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:03 AM
Fork Horn

Im just 3 Days away from oopening day here in South Dakota!!! Saw a nice group of gobblers the other night, I can barely take it anymore!!! Good Luck Everyone!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:28 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck! Still got 3 weks of slow,painful waiting here in NY...
Old 04-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Leaving for NC in minutes, opening day is this Sat. Going to scout some fields on the 4 farms we have for birds and roost some tonight and tomorrow night. Game on!!

Quick Reply: TEAM 22 - ShootemInDaFace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.