Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 06-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: UPDATED TEAM SCORE

Got my sticker yesterday thanks mouthcaller. Put it on my jeep already. LOOKS GOOD!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Typical Buck

You're welcome Pex - my pleasure.

Updated scores should be posted tomorrow.

MC
Old 06-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Spike

Congrats to all of you,we did it.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Typical Buck

i'm soooooooooooooo flippin' proud of all of us!!!
we are sooooooooooo awesome!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup, we pulled it off!
I haven't seen any e-mails, I could work my way thru the thread pulling out pics but I'd prefer that high quality pics get e-mailed to me. Send my your pics Team.

[email protected]
Old 06-08-2009, 03:59 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Huntress - changed your mind on that sticker now?? If so, PM me your mailing address and I'll send it out to you.

We did it boys and girls - a genuine team effort. I wrote a long summary of the year in another post a week or so ago but I don't think anybody saw it. I'll dig it up and repost it today.

Please get your pics to Tschaef for the collage he is making (see above).

Nice job team.

I really enjoyed being the captain and I volunteer to do it again next spring. If someone else wantsit, however, I'll gladly step out of the way.

I sent a letter out with the stickers to each teammember. Squirrelkilla23 PMed me saying he will try to be part of the team next year and make a contribution. I never heard from mobuckhunter79 all year.

MC
Old 06-08-2009, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw it and appreciated it, its on page 33
It really does show how a winning team works

We've got our work cut out for us next year! There are over 250 turkey hunters trying to take us down notch . I got really lucky this year, I don't always get a bird. But you know I'll be a team player, I just wish I wasn't the last open open season on the team, thats a lot of pressure!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:03 AM
Typical Buck

Recap of theseason for ourteam:

1. WestonAU gets us started with a 2-year old bird taken in Alabama (Weston is a student at Auburn University). Not a trophy bird but a solid start to the season. Regrettably this is the last we heard from Weston as he didn't post again.

2. The infamous Florida Huntress tags in with a nice Osceola. I knew she would too.

3. Peter (my son doall hunter) takes an outstanding typical 65 point turkey in the last minutes of the Tennessee youth hunt. Now we are rolling. This was a really good turkey for our area in Tennessee.

4. Huntress tags in again with a double-bearded Osceloa, the first of two double bearded turkeys for the team. This 67.5 point turkey put us in the top position in the standings. A great turkey, the first multi-beard turkey for the Huntress..

5. I kill a nice 3-year old on the third day of the Tennessee season.

6. Peter and I tag-team another one four days later.

7. On April 11 Hog kicks in with a two-year old Rio, the first of two.

Nothing happened for the next two weeks until the team closed the season like champs

8. On April25 Peter and I scored again on our best turkey of the season, a 4-year old bird that scored 62.5 points.

9. Tschaef kills an 80 point doublebearded turkey in Canada on May 3. I haveseen a bunch of multi-bearded turkeys in mylife but never with twobeards thatlong on the same turkey. This 80 point bird is almost like two birds. Along with doalls 65, Huntress' 67, and my 62.5 that is 4 really high scoring turkeys. The average for these four was almost 69 points per bird and this is one of two reasons we are in first place today.

10.Hog kills one on May 6 and upgrades his score from his first one. Nice job.

11. Bang Flop steps up to the plate and takes a mature gobbler on May 10. Really big for the team to get anotherteammate on the board.

12. Pinsapex7 finally puts the bow down (just kidding Pex) and shoots a superjake on May 17. Initally he seemed disappointed with the jake but this is actually the turkey that puts us out front. Without this bird Pex we would be in second place now.

So, my conclusions for why won:

1. The combination of two high scoring double beards (Huntress and Tschaef) andtwo more high-scoring typicals (doall and me) over 62 points.

plus

2. We had 8 huntersscore at least one bird each.We are the only teamin the contest with 8hunters killing a turkey

the fact that Weston, Hog and Bangflop all killed mature turkeys

and

Pinsapex7 stays with it, doesn't give up,and tags a superjake on the last weekend of the season put us over the top.

NICE JOB TEAM 21, THE LASTGOBBLE !!!!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Typical Buck

you have a pm....lol.

what's the deal with the pics??
Old 06-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

Huntress,

Your sticker is in the mail

tschaef is putting together a collage of our season. He asked thatyou (and all other members)email him the picture you posted of your best bird, in your case that double-beard. His email address is located aboove in the first post on this page of the thread.

MC

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.