Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 05-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UPDATED TEAM SCORE

Don't worry fl, my intelligence gathering skills suck! I think he's referring to the fact that JoeA is from Hawaii and his season is long gone .

Unless someone is still out in the bush and has no access to a computer, or they are just trying to build up suspense I think you are safe to rag on whoever told you that you were on a losing team (sisterly competition?) cause they were dead wrong !!
Old 05-25-2009, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Huntress - How you doin?

Tschaef - Me thinks that JW is trying to rattle our chain. Either that or he is so obsessed that his team may not finish in the top spot that he had deluded himself into thinking they still have a chance.

You know, I was thinking about the season while driving to a business appointment the other day. Here is a recap:

1. WestonAU gets us started with a 2-year old bird taken in Alabama (Weston is a student at Auburn University). Not a trophy but a solid start to the season. Regrettably this is the last we heard from Weston as he didn't post again.

2. The infamous Florida Huntress tags in with a nice Osceola. I knew she would too.

3. Peter (my son doall hunter) takes an outstanding typical 65 point turkey in the last minutes of the Tennessee youth hunt. Now we are rolling. This was a really good turkey for our area in Tennessee.

4. Huntress tags in with a double-bearded Osceloa, the first of two double bearded turkeys for the team. This 67.5 point turkey put us in the top position in the standings. A great turkey, the first multi-beard turkey for the Huntress..

5. I kill a nice 3-year old on the third day of the Tennessee season.

6. Peter and I tag-team another one four days later.

7. On April 11 Hog kicks in with a two-year old Rio, the first of two.

Nothing happened for the next two weeks until the team closed the season like champs

8. On April25 Peter and I scored again on our best turkey of the season, a 4-year old bird that scored 62.5 points.

9. Tschaef kills an 80 point doublebearded turkey in Canada on May 3. I haveseen a bunch of multi-bearded turkeys in mylife but never with twobeards thatlong on the same turkey. This 80 point bird is almost like two birds. Along with doalls 65, Huntress' 67, and my 62.5 that is 4 really high scoring turkeys. The average for these four was almost 69 points per bird and this is one of two reasons we are in first place today.

10.Hog kills one on May 6 and upgrades his score from his first one. Nice job.

11. Bang Flop steps up to the plate and takes a mature gobbler on May 10. Really big for the team to get anotherteammate on the board.

12. Pinsapex7 finally puts the bow down (just kidding Pex) and shoots a superjake on May 17. Initally he seemed disappointed with the jake but this is actually the turkey that puts us out front. Without this bird Pex we would be in second place now.

So, my conclusions for why we are currently in first place are:

1. The combination of two high scoring double beards (Huntress and Tschaef) andtwo more high-scoring typicals (doall and me) over 62 points.

plus

2. We had 8 huntersscore at least one bird each.We are the only teamin the contest with 8hunters killing a turkey

the fact that Weston, Hog and Bangflop all killed mature turkeys

and

Pinsapex7 stays with it, doesn't give up,and tags a superjake on the last weekend of the season put us over the top.

NICE JOB TEAM 21, THE LASTGOBBLE !!!!!!

Old 05-25-2009, 04:50 AM
JW
Super Moderator

That he didn't git a bird!

Hey nice journal too! Hope ya all had fun!

JW
Old 05-25-2009, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree MC, we were all out there trying to shoot the biggest bird that we could, so every Team member played their part, a bigger bird doesn't deserve more recognition, we all just shot what was available.

That being said I do want to give extra thanks to Pinsapex7, he prefers to bow hunt but he made a sacrifice for the team and legally took the points we needed. We all wanted to shoot turkeys, but Pins changed it up for us and came thru for us.
Thanks Pins
Old 05-25-2009, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got the double on my desk in front of me now, thinking I'm gonna put it my truck so I can show a supplier that was bragging about his big bird last year.

One thing that does bother about the contest is RyanCams bird. I think he may get screwed out of a title because of doubts wether it was a 2x or 3x. I trust Codeys measurements and understand him getting annoyed at Ryans comments on their thread, but if Ryans is a triple he would easily take top spot, and even JW! called it a triple after seeing the pic.

I know my beards are really close together so I hope there is no controversy there, if there is I'm willing to mail it to JW! or Arrowmaster to confirm that it is what it is.

A big thanks to all my Team, MC in particular for doing all the work, as well as JW! and old bent arrow for making all this happen.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

One more bird over 50 gets us in first, provided nobody else scores. Any of our guys still hunting? Have we heard from those who have not yet shot a bird?
From Team 17's thread, they have a bunch of northern hunters but I'm not sure if they still have boys out there or not. I don't think we need to worry about Teams 1 or 8 anymore, but these guys could still strike.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

glad to see the bird I shot the last day did help. We are still holding in there in 1st but never over till its over.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:19 AM
Typical Buck

i'm headin' up to south carolina for a work weekend at the lease.....i'll be back on sunday....and i'll be crossing my fingers that we're still on top when i get home....y'all have a great weekend!!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darn friends getting older![:@]

I only have one weekend left, but a buddy from high school is turning 40 and is throwing himself a big bash, and he has a hot tub, and it will get used, and I doubt anyone is bringing bathing suits [&:].
I wanna hunt but I certainly don't wanna miss this party!
Hopefully I'll get out Sunday morning, We'll see how my head feels .
Old 05-28-2009, 03:37 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Whoa......a bunch of 40 yr old buddies - with no suits bobbin' around in a hot tub??

man I'd go huntin'!

turkeys are purtier!

JW

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.