Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 05-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Spike

Default RE: UPDATED TEAM SCORE

Howlerweather we win or not, thanks for being honest.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

It looks like Team #1 just moved into 2nd place with another bird. I had thought that they were out of hunters but it sounds like they still have a couple who haven't reported kills yet so I'm a little worried, but just a little, I still think we have a great chance.

Edit: Team#1 still has two guys out there that haven't scored [:'(]. Squirellkiller, where are you, we need you!

Old 05-21-2009, 05:15 AM
Typical Buck

tschaef

I PMed Squirellkiller a couple weeks ago get an update on his season and encourage him to participate in the team thread. He informed me that due to his busy trap shooting schedule and this and that he hadn't found the time to go hunting and doubted that he would. He is in high school.

I didn't ask him, though I should have,why one signsup for a turkey contest and then doesn'tgo turkey hunting or participate in the team forum??????? To me that is analogous to going out for the football team but not attending any team meetings, practices, or showing up for the games. You may have a uniform but you are really not part of the team.

As I mentioned before, mobuckhunter79was a no show. I PMed him and never got a response. He hasn't posted on this internet forum since March 23.

As captain Ican only lead these people to water - I sure can't make them drink.

So that's it boys and girls. The season is over unless tschaef can go out there and kill a triple-bearded turkey that weighes 29 lbs and has 1.5" spurs.

MC

Old 05-21-2009, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

A couple more things....

I just wanted to say to all that I have really enjoyed the contest, the team thread and getting to know you guys. Being the captain wasn't so bad - in fact it was fun because I got to interact with so many other people I might have never "met".

Earlier in the season JW ran a poll asking the question, "should the winning team in the '09 contest be allowed to remain together for the 2010 contest". The yes votes won, so the team that wins this contest can stay together for next year's contest.

so

I'm not saying that we will win by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I'm concerned that Team 1, who still has two people hunting in NY state, may overtake us.

but

It would be cool to do this again next year, wouldn't it? I would lobby JW to replace mohunter79 and squirellkilla with someone who would at least post often and try to go hunting. The rest of the team would remain intact. By then SwampCollie will have found him a good place to hunt in VA and we would be all set to roll again.

MC

Old 05-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

In fact I'm concerned that Team 1, who still has two people hunting in NY state, may overtake us.
Any idea when the NY season closes?
Don't lose all hope, us northern guys have seen a real reduction in #s due to 2 horrible winters in row. Two years ago was feet of snow, and this last winter was really cold with a thaw then cold again and everything was sheets of ice. There simply are less birds around now, I've read it in articles and have seen it for myself. That's a bad thing for us northern hunters, but good for our chances because I'm sure the NY guys are feeling it too.

I wish the standings were posted now, I was keeping an eye on a few Teams but not Team #1 because they tricked me to think that they had no hunters left weeks ago. I'm really not sure how close they are to us, when we were 2nd they were 4th I think, who knows, maybe we can still take it even if they get another?
Old 05-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, it's always funt to be the underdogI know we haven't won yet and there is a pretty decent chance one of the people hunting for team #1 in NY will kill one. At the begining, when we got an early lead with huntress, Dad, and I having our season start early, people said that we wouldn't hols up and stuff like that well we did. Even if we don't when we'll have a strong second or maybe third I don't know about hunters for the team curently in third. So congrats to the great hunters this season and the great birds.

P. S. I haven't posted in a while because I was to lazy to log-in, sorry
Old 05-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,
I've been snooping thru Team #1's thread. I think we should know whats going on very soon!
They have three hunters with open seasons but one (JoeA) posts very rarely and never has any stories or talks about going out, he just keeps wishing everyone luck (hopefully he's OK and didn't hurt himself or anything).
PAhardwoods hasn't posted on the boards since February.
The one we need to watch is MGH/PA, he's going out tomorrow, last day of his season!

The 3rd and 4th place teams would both need real trophy Toms to threaten us and they aren't talking much so I imagine they are out of hunters anyways.

Where the heck is PA anyways (I'm Canadian), I thought they boasted of NY hunters out there?

Anyways, I'll be out again this weekend and honestly if a jake walks past I'll take him. I got skunked last year and I'm not likely to improve the Teams score so I'm meat hunting now.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:48 PM
JW
Super Moderator

JoeA is our diamond in the ruff! Tell em Joe or should I?

JW
Old 05-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

No action this weekend, I bumped a hen walking around and of course a big tom crossed the road in front of me while leaving in my truck[:@]

No news is good news from the other teams

Didja get my address MC?
Old 05-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: JW!

JoeA is our diamond in the ruff! Tell em Joe or should I?

JW
tell us what??

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.