Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mouthcaller is on the board

Nice gobbler! Man... All the turkeys taken so far have long beards! LOL!!

Keep it up!

15 and I'll be huntin em to!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default Contest update and team challenge

Team

We have definitely hit the ground running.! Unless I'm mistaken, every teammember who hunts in a state where the season is open has scored a bird mature gobbler.

Status of the contest so far

We have checked 5 total birds among four hunters (the infamous FLHuntress has two!) which is terrific.

No other team in the contest has more than two birds checked in by my review of the official scoring thread. Arrow and JW are working on a thread totabulate the running team scores. Once it is posted I enourage you tocheck it occasionally tokeep up with the standings.

Huntress has the current #1 bird (that 67 pt double bearded turkey ) and doall has the current #2 bird in the contest (65 point "typical"). Awesome job you two!

Interim Summary

We are off to a great start, but thiscontest reallyis just getting started. The midwest and northern states haven't even opened yet. Our big lead could evaporate overnight.

Captain's Challenge

Let's keep this momentum going! I encourage you guys who are still waiting for thestart of your seasonto get out there and do your homework by scouting. For those of use who have already scored a bird, go kill a better one (that is going to be hard for you Huntress and doall, but you never know). The primary winner of the contest will be the total score of the best single turkey taken by each teammember. However, there is anothercatagory in the contest decided by the total score of all the turkeys taken by the team, so every turkey counts in that catagory. The more turkeys taken the better.

I realize that this contest is just for fun and the opportunity to meet and interact with other turkey hunters, and that is really why I joined it. I am having a great time as your captain and interacting with everybody.The reality is, however, WE CAN WIN THIS THING! That would be awesome and even more fun don't you think? Let's keep the ball rolling. Who's with me?

Team 21 - The Last Gobble
At the sound of the blast, he gobbled his last!

Mouthcaller

Old 03-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Contest update and team challenge

Cool, congrats huntress and Doall!!!

Lets win this thing!

I like the slogan MC
Old 03-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Posting pictures

Well huntress, My congrats on the double bearded. I guess i'll have to go kill a tripleButitsn't kind of funny that out ofall theseexpereinced men in this contest a kid and a woman(no offense intendedof course) have killed the two biggest birds. I gues We are the superior ones
Old 03-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

MC, scouting has commenced! I have two cameras out and walked the farm Saturday. What I need to do is pattern the Mossberg and start practicing on the slate.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Excellent -preseason and inseason scouting is the secret to success in my experience. That turkey I killed yesterday was largely because I knew where to expect him and where and how to set up. That came from watching the turkeys over the last couple weeks.

When does your season start up there in the frozen tundra?

Mouthcaller
Old 03-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Typical Buck

doall hunter~ thanks...i think...lol
generally woman are better hunters...we have more patience than y'all.
no offense...LOL.
and i really hope you do get that triple bearded bird...that would be great for you and our team!!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

April 27 is opener, but thats a monday so I probably won't be out there till May 1st. The season runs till the end of May so I should get 4 weekends in and I'll take 3-4 days vacation near the end of the month if needed. We can buy two tags, but we can't use them both same day. Another snag is no gun hunting on sundays so I have to use the bow; still fun but it certainly lowers my chances, I have taken deer with it, but haven't scored a turkey with the bow yet.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Youth Day is this coming Saturday here in VA. General season opens the following saturday.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Youth season here opens next weekend... We got a lotta good spots picked out... mostly privite property... The best lol!

Good luck to the both of ya!

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.