Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 03-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 21 NEW!!!

Weird... It shows that the last post was made by him 11/19/2008, but didn't he post his name on the list to sign up for the contest!?

It also says his last login was 3/6/2009... I don't know if we had the team up then or not either though.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pinsapex7

Here is one of my longbeards from last year. Last year was awesome I have to say. Hopefully this years the same.

Thats looks like an awesome bird man! How long of ah bird did he have? Thats neat you got him with a bow! That would be cool if it was the same for you as it was last year.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: pinsapex7

Here is one of my longbeards from last year. Last year was awesome I have to say. Hopefully this years the same.

Nice turkey Pex. Did you shoot his head off with that arrow? I can't see the turkey;'s head in the pic???

Last season was one of my best. Killed three in the first 4 times out. Ruptured a disc in my neck and, though I didn't quit hunting until having surgery on May 8, I didn't get to tag out (limit is 4 in TN)

2008 Turkey #1 was taken on opening day using my new friend B-Mobile

Turkey #2 was taken the next day. He had deformed feet. Killed him in a cold rain. You wouldn't believe the rest of the story so I won't tell it.

Turkey #3 is truly unique, a melanistic phase (black color phase) bird. Turns out he was a "superjake", but I couldn'tsee that until I picked himup off the ground. He gobbled and strutted his fool head off and his tail fan looked full to me. I'll probably never see another one in my lifetime. Peter was with me on this one.

Notice the black feet in the second pic.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Throw me a vote for the last gobble as a team name... Seems to be what everyone is going with.... thats totally cool by me.

Mouthcaller... I think you are doing a fine job leading the crew so far... good communication... good and up beat.... awesome to see it!

As far as not believing the story about the stumpy footed gobbler??? TRY US OUT! Lets hear it!
Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Spike

Nice birds everybody.Looks like we got a name.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice birds captain!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Here is the second bird I took last year. Your allowed 2 in my part of Ohio. Hey when does the Tenn Turkey season come in. I will be heading down there next weekend to Gattlinburg for a long weekend.

Old 03-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You did good last year!

I believe it is March 28th to May 10th... Have a look for your self. Its at the bottom of the page. http://www.state.tn.us/twra/turkeymain.html

Old 03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok... I don't know if you guys will like it or not, but I made an avatar! Let me know if you think I should add anything! Save it in your computer and then you should be able to go to your profile and upload it if you like it.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just thought of a slogan. If you like it! Just read my signature.

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.