Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 04-12-2009, 04:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 21 "The Last Gobble"

Congatulations Hog. Looks like you got a good two-year old there. Well done.

Thanks also to JW for help scoring the bird. Not sure how you got 130 Hog but next time just plug the numbers into the NWTF calculator and it spits out the score.

What species is that? Rio? I need the species to enter the bird in the official scoring thread.

You can also post the pic on the success picture thread if you haven't already.

Team 21, The Last Gobble, continues to roll. I think we got overtook for overall contest lead by Team one in the past couple of days. This bird will help reverse that trend.

Way to go Hog.

MC
Old 04-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Spike

Congrats hog on a fine turkey.And everyone else i might have missed.My season is open this sat.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Happy Birthday bang flop, the big one five.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening day came and went here in VA. With no place to hunt, I elected to go to work.... might as well. I got play by plays from five or six of my friends. One of them killed a bird, another friend of a friend tried one that made him as he walked off and crippled him up and lost him on the run down. Everybody heard birds and even worked a bird or two.... henned up was the general consensus as I expected it to be after hearing about the goings on during the youth hunt last Saturday. We weighed 10 birds at work throughout the course of the day... of course you don't have to bring them by... you can check them by telephone... big bird was 21#11oz for the day. Lots of good stories.

Went fishing this morning, tore'm up. Shad are running here in Richmond. Got a few older folks who want roe.... its a good leveraging tool as the stuff goes for $25 a pound in stores.... and considering I had the four I needed inside 15 minutes of fishing..... its pretty easy work.

Hopefully I'll find a place in the next week or two.... got a couple planned tag-a-longs coming in the next few weeks..... my birthday falls on a Sunday this year (4/19) so I guess I'll just go to work then too! Haha.... what a way to burn another year huh?
Old 04-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys! It was a rio. Just lemme know what to post up on the board, scoring wise and I will... Thanks
Old 04-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

whooo whooo!!
doing the happy dead turkey dance for you too!! congrats!!
Old 04-13-2009, 04:09 AM
Typical Buck

Hog

I posted the score - as mentioned before, JW and Arrow prefer the captains to post the scores for consistency.

MC
Old 04-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

Bang Flop

Happy Birthday brother.

MC
Old 04-13-2009, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

HAHA thanks huntress!

That alright captin! I don't know how to do it anyways! JW added my score yesturday.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw something very rare!

We were turkey hunting on public land this mornin at day break, and heard a gobbler, so we were trying to call it in for my dad, but it never came in, so we kept driving in the car to a new location on the logging road... We came around a corner and 100 yards up on the next corner, walked a mountain lion across the road! I grabbed my bow and ran up there, when I got about 20 yards away... I drew my bow back and kept walking aiming the bow where the cougar was last seen... Never saw it again, but If I did, it would be dead! Its cougar season all year long!

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.