Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS >

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Community

**Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Old 04-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 21 "The Last Gobble"

Good luck HHU, and have a great time!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

just stoppin' by to say hi
y'all keep killin' all those turkeys!!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Huntress. Good to hear from you - don't be a stranger.

Are you going to hunt in South Carolina? I think I remember you mentioning it. We could use another bird or two from you.

Are you aware that your double-bearded Osceola is leading the contest for highest scoring turkey?

Tom
Old 04-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tschaef

Good luck HHU, and have a great time!
Thanks man! If no one gets hurt, I'll have a awesome time!!! I've got it planned out... Saturday morning we're goin to a awesome spot, and I have a EXTREMELY good feeling that me or my brother is gonna bag a bird. It's a HUGE area and lots of turkeys... Then I got a privite property to hunt up at the end of the road... This isn't no 1/2 mile long road either from start to end is 17 miles and about 10 huntable miles along the road... Any ways... Thats Saturday... Sunday morning I am heading out with my brother and cousin to a 160 acre property that is pretty good to! I'm really thinkin its gonna be a good weekend! Saturday's supposed to be partly cloudy and get up to 61 degrees... Sunday's supposed to have a few showers... Hopefully we can get into some birds though... I'm done Easter egg huntin.... I'm turkey huntin HAHA LOL!

I guess you can tell I am exited when I write so much of nothing LOL!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mouthcaller

Hey Huntress. Good to hear from you - don't be a stranger.

Are you going to hunt in South Carolina? I think I remember you mentioning it. We could use another bird or two from you.

Are you aware that your double-bearded Osceola is leading the contest for highest scoring turkey?

Tom
i'll try not to be but i can't make any promises...especially during turkey season!!
i'll be headin' out thursday morning...hopefully we'll get an evening hunt in...i've never hunted in the evening so that would be cool...we have to be out of the woods by 1pm unless it's private land here.
i'll only be up for a few days...coming back monday...and then i MIGHT go up for 2 days at the end of the month but i'm not sure.
and no i wasn't aware that my bird is kickin' butt and takin' names...that's great!!
i'm glad i could contribute such a nice bird to our team.
best of luck to all y'all and be safe out there....i'll be doing the happy dead turkey dance for y'all.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya'll wish me luck now! It's 25 minutes till we leave to hunt! It's a long drive! We're leavin at 4:45 am... Hopefully I bring back ah bird!
Old 04-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got one, I got one!!! We were on public land calling and then going another couple hundred yards and calling again... about the 6th time of doing that, I heard a gobble! Immeaditily, I started towards where the gobble came from. About 8 minutes of bush wacking our way through the thick brush, we came to a creek that was to deep to cross... luckly there was a fallen log about 12" in diameter that fell across right there, so I tried my best not to look down and loose my balance and take a swim. I made it! Then another 3 minutes of finding our way through the thick brush and then we cam to a patch of low growing fir trees. I crouched down and made my way through, and when I stood up, I saw a bright red headed turkey turn and start running away from me. I raised the ruger red lable, put the bead on his head and BOOM..... The tom dropped in his tracks! He had a 8" beard, weighed 20 pounds and had 5/8" spurs!

Old 04-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ah... Mouth caller... Can I ask a favor from you? I am scoring it and getting Your score is 20 + 50 + 50 + 16 = 136...

He weighed 20lbs had 5/8" spurs on both sides and beard was 8". Thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 04:17 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Atta boy Hog!

Now to score this - 20 lbs even - the spurs 5/8" - 0.625 each and the beard at 8
Your score is 20 + 6.25 + 6.25 + 16 = 48.5

JW
Old 04-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JW!

Atta boy Hog!

Now to score this - 20 lbs even - the spurs 5/8" - 0.625 each and the beard at 8
Your score is 20 + 6.25 + 6.25 + 16 = 48.5

JW
Cool! Thanks!

Quick Reply: **Team 21 "The Last Gobble"** 2009 CONTEST CHAMPIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.