everyone else Please play fair and be nice..." />

Community

Contest trash talk

Old 03-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Contest trash talk

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

it may be listed second but that dont mean we wont take first in more than one
i know we are all just having some fun here. sometimes we sound serious but we have to take everything lightly.

was that your sons first bird?

I hear ya - I reserve the right to do the same should the opportunity present itself

This can be a great thread when it's kept lighthearted and fun. We're ahead right now so I'm making hay while the sun shines.By nextmonthwe might be last in the standings, who knows. I enjoy the give and take aspect despite the unnecessary personal attack today.

This was his second bird. He killed a two-year oldturkey last year. He's been tagging along with me deer, turkey, and waterfowl hunting since he was reall little.We get to turkey hunt every weekend taking turns being the "shooter". I won't go without him if he wants to go. I did the same with my Dad. That's how it is suppose to be in my book.

Uh oh - there I go bragging about my son again. Better watch that around here.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

mouthcaller be a proud daddy! I am going to brag about Nathan when he tags his first and Emily as well when she does. Taking the youngsters out is what we are about and I am thrilled you are that close with your son. There are too many daddies that don't give a hoot about their kids and I see it in my line of work. My kids are my life. I love them and cherrish them. God blessed me with two really good ones and I have 0 complaints.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

ORIGINAL: mouthcaller

Just letting you guys know that Team 21, The Last Gobble, has jumped out to a commanding lead with 3 birds (still waiting on the score for one of them) including the highest scoring turkey taken so far in the contest. That bird scored 65 points and was taken by my son, a 13-year old kid, yesterday.

No other team has more than one turkey. Most haven't even killed the first one. LOL

Based on factual, objective results (not cheap trashtalk)it appears that Team 21 just may run away with this thing.

Mouthcaller
Captain
Team 21 - The Last Gobble
Any moron can pull a trigger, my dog could pull a trigger if I taught him how and gave him a treat. And I can almost bet that KID didn't call that turkey in by himself. We aren't even sure it actually does score 65, and as much trash as you're talking I would say it really didn't, but who's counting huh? But brag all you want about your 13 year old kid, buy a bumper sticker and put it on your truck saying "my kid is a better hunter than your kid". Seriously though, let HIM enjoy the glory and be proud, don't try to steal it from him by basking in it with all your smart alleck comments. YOU didn't kill it, and you probably didn't even call it in. But hey, I'd rather be lucky than good any day. Remember, it's very early to be talking the kinda trash you're talking, especially with A LOT of excellent turkey hunters still waiting to even hit the woods. But we're all impressed and so proud of you mouthcaller, you are the best turkey hunter there ever was.......because your kid shot a turkey, right? Here's an "LOL" for you, grow up.
What do you mean We aren't sure it scored a 65?? Look on Team 21's team thread and you'll see the pics with a tape measure and everything. AndDad isn't taking my glory He's just a proud father. I mean how in the heck is he gonna steal the glory. We've been hunting together since I was 5and we share the glory because we both put in to the hunt.Also yes I did call the turkey in with a cheap Knight&Hale glass queen and a cody striker. He gobbled to it once at 6:25pm, even this early in the season,and came in. So there.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

you got it right fire. some parents just dont care.i see it every week. i coach youth soccer and not one parent stays to watch practice and very few if any stay for games anymore.its like all i am is a babysitter. If my daughter wants to go out hunting i'll be with her every step until she kicks me out of the woods cause i'm to old and slowing her down.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Ya mohunter. I know I'm a kid myself but It's nice to have that kind of support from my father and I bet your daughter enjoys that support too.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

on that note LETS SMACK TALK TURKEY

OVERLOAD ALL THE WAY
Old 03-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

doall you are not a kid; you are a fine young man. I know this because your dad taught you right..he took you hunting and taught you to be a strong young man. Remember this about those who run their mouths....it is supposed to be fun here. I think someone had a bad day and then took it out on your team. The team needs to have praise You all are winning (not for long I tell you!!!) but you are, this is the trash talking thread and sometimes folks forget that....IT IS FUN. Congrats on a 65 bird, that is awesome and they fact you called him in yourself double cool. I know I'll crow when my kids do that..mark my words.

Remember this though at the end of the contest when you are not in first place an the Flockers are #1 and Arrow, Fire, Mottz and the rest of the MTF team have smacked down a lot of birds...losing is ok you can learn from that too. You will still have a very nice bird to be proud of

HH76 there are youngins present don't scare me like that...I thought you were streaking again....
Old 03-23-2009, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

HEY ITS ONE OF THE RUMP BROTHERS HOWS IT GOING FIRE

Old 03-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

Great and not showing my rump like you like to do here You doing good
Old 03-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

DOING GREAT

i might be lookin for a hunting partner for kentucky public land hunt can't get
any of my buddies to go with me

Quick Reply: Contest trash talk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.