Check in by putting checked in next to your name ..... and welcome to the winning team ;) Team 11 1 blackjeep04 2 buckeyehntr5 3 camokenny 4 Crow31 5 cwillard 6 Doublebeard1 7..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Official Team 11 **The Purrrrty Boys** Thread >

Official Team 11 **The Purrrrty Boys** Thread

Community

Official Team 11 **The Purrrrty Boys** Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 02:37 PM

Default RE: Official Team 11 **The Purrrrty Boys** Thread

Well, I had them all around me. I bet I could of thrown a rock @ a few if the brush wasn't there. Needless to say they didn't want anything to do with my decoys. After the coast cleared I tossed them away (decoys that is).

Seriously fellows I could hear there soft purrs and all as they were coming around the corner but in seconds they were gone [:@]. I had Gobblers on top of the hill going crazy. It was actually a perfect set up. My heart was thumping and in seconds nothing. As usual both hens and Gob were doing circles like NASCAR but never had a shot.

Monday I'll have a different game plan so we'll have to wait till then.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Yes that would have been a nice one to put in the contest however she shot him and I could not tell here no. Got it on film to!

I do all of our turkey mounting needs so you know it will be getting done.
I will post a picture of the whole bird first then will post the spur picture.

Old 04-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

Heres a picture of the spurs.
23lbs
10" beard
1 3/8" spurs

Old 04-25-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are some impressive hooks. Cool pics to, and I was only givin you some crap over it for fun. Tell her congrats from the team that she likes to laugh at. LOL.

Ho hum, if I can make it through tomorrow then I will be hunting Monday morning!
Old 04-26-2009, 10:30 AM

Sorry for it being so long since I've posted. Didn't mean for that to happen.

It's been a long week of hunting here in Michigan. Rainy the beginning of the week, and then it got nicer towards the end. Didn't see much of anything the first couple days. A few hens, and not much gobbling. Thursday brought some good weather after three mornings of rain, and they were fired up! Had them gobbling everywhere, counted close to 10 different birds, but couldn't get any to come in. Went out saturday and didn't see anything either. Iwas getting pretty frustrated. More rain over the entire weekend, and some heavy stuff this morning. Really thought about not going out today. Decided to go (what was i thinking not to? haha) Walked in and bumped 6 out of the trees. Backed out from that spot and set up the pop up blind. We did some calling and about 7:00 had some gobbles. He sounded like he was moving closer and then quit gobbling. Didn't hear any from him again until about 7:45, when he gobbled about 3 or 4 times. After that he came right in. Saw the decoys and strutted up to em. Got a little spooked and started to head back where he came from. I clucked to get him to stop, and shot him at about 30 yards. He's got a 10 inch beard and 1 1/4 spurs on both sides. Weighed in at 23 lbs. I will get the pics up later tonight.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome! That will really help the teams score! I will get it all tallied up but won't post till you get the pic's up. Tomorrow is opener for me! I can't wait.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got the score tallied up, so anytime you want to post the pics I can turn it in. Also if you still hunt and take another bird make sure you post it cause there is really two contests, one with 1 bird from each member of the team, and then a contest for the total with as many birds taken as possible.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats. grunge24, way to hang in there.
Good luck in the morning ken, dump a good one.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Roosted one tonight....looked to be a good one from 150yrds with the binocs......I got my fingers crossed that tomorrow turns out to be a good day.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:42 AM
Fork Horn

It's raining here and has been all night, I think I will wait and try fr my 2nd Missouri bird in the morning. No hurry as I have 2 weeks to tag the 2nd one. Have to quit hunting at 1pm in Mo. I can start hunting in Iowa on wed. for my 2nd Iowa bird but have 2 1/2 weeks to take him and can hunt all day.

I hope to see pictures when I get home from work today ken, sounds like you have done your homework.

Quick Reply: Official Team 11 **The Purrrrty Boys** Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.