Team 14 "TURKAHOLICS"

Old 03-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 14 Thread "No Name, but you will know our names when this is over"

Hey All
I am going to be hunting with a chap that hunts with both his daughters 17 and 18
Hopefully my daughter will go some day she is just turned 13 so we will see what she thinks if I bring a bird home
Good luck this weekend with your son Arjuna and welcome to the team mcorso!
Later
Treebeard
Old 03-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 14 Thread "No Name, but you will know our names when this is over"

Hey guys,
Since you all seem to be such experienced turkey hunters, maybe you could help out a novice such as myself. I'm looking for a good decoy setup; I was looking at the followingcarry-lite decoy set;

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=012909_turkey-catfeathunt&id=0037661227952a&navCount=0&a mp;podId=0037661&parentId=cat200008&master pathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IK& rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&am p;hasJS=true

It's a little pricey but I've read some good reviews of it and a few people from this site say they have had good luck with it. What do you guys use?
Old 03-06-2009, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

I use a single hen, set it up about 25 yards from me, and where the tom cant see her from too far away ,so he wont freeze up on me out of range, it worked last year,, also im told if the pecking order isnt over yet when the season starts to put a single jake with a hen, and the jake needs a really bright red head, and it should get the tom angry and want to come in ,in a hurry
Old 03-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

I have had mixed luck with decoys. Alabama only allowed them in about 3 or 4 years ago. So, most of my experience has been without them. Sometimes, gobblers hang up when they see them. Sometimes they come in. I don't think there is a magic bullet out there that works. I would be more concerned with the portability of the decoy and the pressure of the birds you are hunting. I like to cover some ground when I hunt and therefore, don't carry many bulky decoys...maybe just a feather flex hen. However, if I am hunting a field edge early in the morning where I expect birds to come and I think it's just a quick morning hunt before I head back to work, then I might take the full strut decoy with a couple of hens.

Learn to hunt without them and you'll be a better hunter. However, they sure can be fun sometimes to watch how ol Tom goes crazy.

I like the Ol Tom Cassanova. It rolls up tighter than the b-mobile. The prettyboy is very stiff and bulky. I like a little more portability.

Jack
Old 03-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Typical Buck

the back of my decoy that I added velcro to to make the fake fan work easier.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

The fan...with it's new velcro

Old 03-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

the whole thing

Old 03-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

That looks great. Man another hole month before I can sit in the woods and work some birds.... You guys pumped?
Old 03-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

too Team 14 I am humbled by you presence
Old 03-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Better re-read your post junkie

Quick Reply: Team 14 "TURKAHOLICS"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.