HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   '09 Turkey Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/09-turkey-contest-96/)
-   -   Team 14 "TURKAHOLICS" (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/09-turkey-contest/287015-team-14-turkaholics.html)

Arjuna 04-27-2009 03:55 PM

RE: Nice NC Strutter Down!!!!

congrats guys! I was afraid our team was gonna fall behind....good job and good luck to the rest of us!

Treebeard 04-27-2009 05:11 PM

Hey Arjuna is that considered entered or do I got to do something else.
I will post a pick soon.
Did I score it right at a 56.5?
22.5lbs
3/4 inch spurs
9.5 inch beard

Treebeard 04-27-2009 05:26 PM

Here we go!

Treebeard 04-27-2009 05:27 PM

Here we go! :)

MO-KS_hunter 04-28-2009 12:39 PM

Nice going treebeard!

Guys, I haven't scored yet but I came really close last weekend. I was able to call a gobbler in over 1/4 mile away to about 65-70 yards. He either saw my Primos B-mobile Tom anddecided he didn't want anyor saw me move and decided to not get any closer. Boy it was exciting though! I'm going out again this weekend, wish me luck!

Treebeard 04-29-2009 07:09 PM

Holy crap Dudes I just tagged out tonight!
This Tom was bigger than my last but what a long hunt
I got off work early so I decided to go for my second tag
We are going on Saturday again but I guess I am video man that round now!
Anyways I set up at 3:30pm against a big old Sugar Maple in the middle of the feild where I had seen the birds eating before roost around 7:00 pm a couple of times
It was really early but I didnt know if they were watching
At about 5pm some hens came out and got me itchin so I gave a couple of yelps
At about 5:30pm I heard a hen behind the tree I was leaning on and it drove me crazy as I dared not move
My jake Hen decoy set up was facing the forest trail where I thought they would come from
WRONG!
They were coming across the field behind me
I risked it and turned in my chair to see them
About 12 birds were screwing around on a fence line behind me
Three males a Tom and two Jakes were strutting their stuff
I was scared because the sun was in my eyes and I have heard that they see the reflection
I kept closing my eyes and opening them ever so slowly to see where they are going
After a bit I gave a hen yelp on a box call and the Tom puffed up
He made a slow half a hour strut towards me
My neck was killing me so with that and the sun in my eyes I decided he was close enough
Nailed him and then jumped up to run over
It was then I realized how far away he was
I paced it off after and it was 50 yards
Yikes!!!!!!!!!!
He scores
25lbs 2oz
10 inch beard
1 inch right spur
Left Spur 1 and 1/8 inch
Total 66.325

I have been totally blessed on my first hunting season! :)
Treebeard

MO-KS_hunter 04-30-2009 02:33 AM

Wow treebeard, you're really pulling your own weight here, great job! Can't wait to see the pics!

Arjuna 04-30-2009 05:41 PM

Awesome guys! I just finished my season today. Left the house at 2:00 a.m. to be ready in AL by 5 a.m. Only saw a hen. The weather was very hot. At least I got one for me and my boy. Good luck everybody. Now, it is time to fish and start shooting the bow.

mcorso 05-06-2009 06:44 AM

Hey guys, well I struck out again, things were quiet, and we called right at first light, a coyote came out really fast , and left even faster. no shot on him .. then a jake flew into the tree about ten yards behind us, and was about 25 feet above on a branch, he looked around for a few minutes , and flew of away from us and disappeared, we traveled slowly down a valley and just sat in a spot that you can hear really well, and about a hour had passed when we heard a gobble following a woodpecker ,, we closed some distance ,and called, he answered and we set up, about ten minutes passed and nothing we called again, and two answered and they were really close, about 5 minutes later, they were on the other side of a small run off creek , and were walking away, we called again but they kept going slowly up the hill. and we lost them in the growth, soon after we backed out and took a guess where they were headed, but they never gobbled agian, so im hoping to land one this weekend ,sorry guys im trying here,,

Treebeard 05-06-2009 05:54 PM

Keep at it brother!
They are out there but a lot of people up here say it is slow
Good luck