Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team #18-"The Bubba Gump Turkey Co." >

Team #18-"The Bubba Gump Turkey Co."

Community

Team #18-"The Bubba Gump Turkey Co."

Old 03-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team #18-"The Bubba Gump Turkey Co."

Hey guys,

Our youth day is this Saturday and I will be taking my buddy and his 10 yr old son and my neigbors son. I have two Primos Extreme blinds set up on two field edges where I had success last year. I had a wierd experience today while driving down the interstate (I64). A huge tom was on the side of the road and the car in front of me switched lanes to avoid him and he spooked....flew about 5 feet off the ground to try and get to the other side and Tboned a poor lady in a SUV. I was the next truck behind her and the bird slammed my hood, rolled over the cab of my truck and landed in the back. I watched out my rear view mirror as the bird was flapping so hard he caught the wind and went soaring out of the bed of my truck and was squashed by a truck behind me. I had turkey feathers in my windshield wipers, grill, and all in the bed of my truck.

Never hit a turkey on the interstate before...and almost had him home if he would of stayed still in the back of my truck. I only had one more mile to my exit!

Anyway, here are my dates.
•April 11-May 2, 2009:
◦One-half hour before sunrise until 12 noon each day.
•May 4-May 16, 2009:
◦One-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Hope you guys have some luck this wk. end HV. What a story with that gobbler today. I bet a few folks had to change their shorts after all that flailing around.lol

Dan
Old 03-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Me and my buddy went out this evening to do some locating and pretty much had a 360 degree gobble fest with birds in trees everywhere. Never pulled out any calls, hoots, or slate. I am trying to get rid of a fox that is showing up on my trail camera every night. I know he isnt doing my turkey population any larger!
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Man, it sounds like your in the driver's seat this wk end. Can't wait to read the story and see the pic's.

Dan
Old 04-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Down to 2 weeks before my time in the great outdoors arrives. Hope you other team members are getting out and getting it done.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

If any of you guys use mouth calls. I make custom one's. If you want to try them out shoot me a PM and I'll send you a couple. I make several different models and all the old favorite's such as split v's, modified batwing and ghost cuts. 2 reed , 3 reed. Whatever you need. I hand stretch em and cut each one one reed at a time. I'm giving everybody the "team mate special"- FREE!

"Lt. Dan"
Old 04-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Typical Buck

Finally!!, It looks like my wife and I are going to get a break from some family problems we've been dealing with for the past 6 wks. and we're headed to Ga. on Monday. We need to stop in Gainesville on the way up to see our grandson who will be one yr. old this wk. so I should hit the woods for the first time this year on Wed. Man, am I pumped!!

It sounds like your ready Tim.

Dan
Old 04-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Wow! looks like your in great shape Tim.You've got me all fired up. I caught the mistake on the Contest Standings post just before I checked our team thread and I've already PM'd JW! to have it corrected. I hope I can add to our score sometime soon. JJones is carrying us rt. now but soon we'll have a bunch of folks hitting the woods. I'll be checking in a reporting on my hunts while I'm in Ga.

Dan
Old 04-07-2009, 05:32 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Oh Lt Dan!

I got yer PM - I did update - but chain of command - pls post scores on the Team score thread pinned at top - that way we can catch updates as they happen!

10-4 over and out!

JW
Old 04-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Typical Buck

Roosted 3 birds at dusk and snuck out OK. It is supposed to rain tonight and in the morning so if the wind or rain doesnt move them I will be set up on them at first light. I can only hunt til noon, so hopefully I will use a tag before 9 am and move and set up to tag out!

Quick Reply: Team #18-"The Bubba Gump Turkey Co."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.