Community

Team 9 "Shell Shocked"

Old 04-24-2009, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 9 Thread

I'll be out there tomorrow too. Hope to get one with the Hoyt.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good PA opener
21.5 lbs 3/4 and 13/16 inch spurs and 10.25 inch beard

Old 04-27-2009, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

I posted this on my other teams wall too. But I scored for us both!
Well guys I officially have shot my first bird with my bow. We had birds all over us from the get go. At around 6:45 am we had two hens working their way to my B-Mobile, She-Mobile and another hen decoy from about 200 yards away. We were set up in a pinch point funnel that connects two fields of winter wheat. A tom joined the hens and they started slowly making their way. The hens weren't to interested in joining my decoys but the tom made his way to withing 15 yards and stood side by side with the B-Mobile. I set my pin on the vitals and let one fly and missed solidly by a foot. I really don't know what happened. I think my 3d leaf suit hit my string and pulled my shot off. I've never missed an animal before and definitely not within 15 yards! After the shot I try to knock another arrow but the tom spooks and walks off to join the hens which were down in a bowl area 75 yards away. I was pretty disappointed in myself but I didn't give up.

I started to call a little more and had a hen come in and start walking around the decoys herself. She even did a little yelping for me. Those are the best decoys and callers right there...an actual hen. She gets a little bored or nervous and makes her way down to the other birds in the bowl area of the field. The birds were gobbling but they wouldn't come out of the woods into the field. Eventually 3 nice toms came out but stayed down in the bowl area with the other tom that I missed and they worked their way under a fence and crossed a creek 150 yards away. As we were looking at them cross the creek through our binos we noticed a major bird strutting across the ditch that the other birds were going to. He was a monster. We devised a plan to get out of our blind and try to sneak around and get in front of the birds. Just as we were ready to exit the blind I looked out in the field and seen that monster tom making his way to us. I told my buddy that the tom somehow crossed that ditch and is coming. Redemption time. That bird stayed out there strutting from 200 yards out. He struts all the way until roughly 50 yards when he sees the B-mobile and make a b line right to him. This boy was mad! He runs on up and gets behind my decoy and fans out and then jumps and smacks him with his spurs. He jumps on his back and starts kicking and pecking the top of his head. I take aim and thwack right through boilermaker, complete pass through. It smacks him off my decoy and he dies about 10 feet away. The rage broadhead did its thing, complete pass through. He did a number on my decoy and destroyed my fan but now I have his to replace it. The B-Mobile has worked every single time I've used it. We filmed the entire hunt and I'll try to get it up soon.

The bird weighed 24 lbs. He has 1 1/8 inch on his left and 1 3/16 inch on his right for spurs and his beard was a meager 9 inches for a total of 65.125. He was an old Tom that's for sure and the biggest spurs I've ever taken and I've taken over 15 birds. Sorry my pics aren't that good. I had to take pictures by myself cause I was in a hurry for the Draft and needed to get him cut up. I'll be making my way out again next weekend for hopefully a similar fate.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats louddrummer! Awesome bird!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Finally on the board. I took this bird yesterday morning and posted the story on the forum page. JW helped me score him and these are the results:

Weight = 24lbs 24
L spurr = 1 & 5/16" 13.125
R spurr = 1 & 5/16" 13.125
Beard = 10 & 3/4" 21.5

Total: 71.75

[img]/http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/270HEAVY/th_Dads2009turkey026.jpg/[img]

[img]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/270HEAVY/th_Dads2009turkey026.jpg/[img]

[img]/http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/270HEAVY/?action=view&current=Dads2009turkey026.jpg/[img]

Evidentally I'm not smart enough to post a stinkin picture. Could someone help me out and show me how to do it.....PLEASE. JW has tried but I'm hopeless.

God Bless,

Ray
Old 04-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

Dang Big! That is a huge bird! Great Job buddy.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:53 AM
Typical Buck

Here you go big...I put them up for you! Great job again. That is a dandy bird!

Old 05-01-2009, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats everyone. I will be out later today. I was in FL and GA doing some pig hunting with my son. Didn't get anything but had a great time with him before he deploys. I only have this weekend as in WI we get 5 day seasons and I couldn't get any time off this week having been gone all of last week. I'll post back next week and let you know how I did. I hope to have some pictures of a bird with my new AMax black out.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got this little guy this morning. I might be tagged out. It depends if i go to NY or MD yet. I will try to get some more for us. He was nice heavy jake.
15 1/2 lbs
1/4 inch spurs
4 inch beard

Old 05-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

heres the pic.

Quick Reply: Team 9 "Shell Shocked"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.