Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 13 - Sunrise Assassins >

Team 13 - Sunrise Assassins

Team 13 - Sunrise Assassins

Old 03-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 13

This is myself and my buddy Mitchell from opening day last year, here in Bama. I'm the one on the left, no beard. That was a great morning, we didn't hear any gobbles, and moved to another spot on the way we saw 5 toms crossing a field, so we set up where they were going and got a double! I have more pics on the club website, www.huntchristiancreek.comand if you are looking for a place to huntwe are trying to get a few more members for next year.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Goose 11

This is myself and my buddy Mitchell from opening day last year, here in Bama. I'm the one on the left, no beard. That was a great morning, we didn't hear any gobbles, and moved to another spot on the way we saw 5 toms crossing a field, so we set up where they were going and got a double! I have more pics on the club website, www.huntchristiancreek.comand if you are looking for a place to huntwe are trying to get a few more members for next year.
What are your dues at your club in AL? How many acres do you have? Sounds like you've got a great Christian club going. Take care bud and God bless!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my Eastern from IL, 2008

Old 03-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

And my Rio Grande from KS.. My 2nd bird in 2008

Old 03-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great birds to both "deeg" and "demoIL"!! Did you use an outfitter for that Kansas bird, if so which one?

And how did you guys come up with your login names? Mine just rhymed with my brother's, he is "Moose 75" His jersey # was 75 and mine was 11, so that's my story. (I've never even tried to shoot a goose)

Have you guys seen "Arrow Afliction" on TV. I saw it for the first time today and I was impressed. The guy is a good mixbetween Michael Waddel and the Fitzgerald's son. Here's a link to his web site where you can see old shows. Check him out, one of the webcasts is of him going for a grand slam.

http://www.arrowaffliction.tv/
Old 03-08-2009, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yea, our dues are $1200 and we have 1500 acres plus a couple hundred more acres of private land we have access to also. We try to have between 8-12 members, but the economy hit us hard last year and our membership was down. We're hoping to really improve this season.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Goose 11

And how did you guys come up with your login names?

Well, I'm a Jr. and every one called me D.J., so for short they called me deeg. That's where I got my name from.

I know your question about KS wasn't directed torwards me, but if you want to tackle some Rio Grandes I'd try a couple spots between Stafford and Pratt. I hunted there three years ago and killed two nice Rios before I headed to ND/SD. I hunt public ground primarily, so I know many great spots. Just let me know.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:57 PM

On 3/16, I'll be hunting up near Skyline, AL. I don't know if you know where that is, but I have a buddy that owns a bunch of land in a big valley, so hopefully, I'll get on a couple birds.

Trae,
Have you been been hearing any gobbling around the huntsville area? Wondering how things are going down in that region as far as gobbling goes. Can't wait!
Old 03-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the bird did come from a place that has become an outfitter and seem to be doing well. Kansas Racks and Quacks I believe. I had my bird the first morning not long after sunrise. I did my own calling but the guide knew where the birds were hanging out. Had a chance at a double that day but I was too cheap on the 2nd tag figuring the chance wouldn't arise anyway.. lol ooops.. We drove around and looked at some of his other spots that morning and seen toms at every spot, nice ground.. If you want some contact info just let me know.

No guide on the IL bird, he came from the property I hunt year round. In fact on this ground I tend to be the guide when it comes to turkeys.. lol My wife has first crack at the birds this year..

My username is just something that stuck with me from many years ago. I used to run demo derby's hence the demo in my username. And from IL explains the last part.. I've just always used it even though I stopped the derby thing quite some time ago.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: demoIL

Well the bird did come from a place that has become an outfitter and seem to be doing well. Kansas Racks and Quacks I believe. I had my bird the first morning not long after sunrise. I did my own calling but the guide knew where the birds were hanging out. Had a chance at a double that day but I was too cheap on the 2nd tag figuring the chance wouldn't arise anyway.. lol ooops.. We drove around and looked at some of his other spots that morning and seen toms at every spot, nice ground.. If you want some contact info just let me know.

No guide on the IL bird, he came from the property I hunt year round. In fact on this ground I tend to be the guide when it comes to turkeys.. lol My wife has first crack at the birds this year..

My username is just something that stuck with me from many years ago. I used to run demo derby's hence the demo in my username. And from IL explains the last part.. I've just always used it even though I stopped the derby thing quite some time ago.

Where do you hunt in IL? I drew Lawrence County and will be hunting right off the Wabash River. Can't wait!

Quick Reply: Team 13 - Sunrise Assassins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.