Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 13 - Sunrise Assassins >

Team 13 - Sunrise Assassins

Community

Team 13 - Sunrise Assassins

Old 02-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 13

So does anybody have a good team name?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Gobble Busters?
Old 02-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry guys Team 2 is winning this. I see yas have deeg. Now theres a turkey hunting machine. He will score big.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think that was smack talk.

Anyway, I went and took a look at two new turkey hunting properties yesterday. They were both nice. The first one is 450 acres, about an hour from my house and has a power line through it, we saw two hens crossing it, lots of turkey sign. The second was 3,000 acres and I didn't really see any turkey sign, but they have tons of deer. I'm sure the turks are there,There are lots of hills and draws, I figure if I get up on a hill I should be able tohere a gobble and head to him.

Do any of you hunt like that? Can you roost a bird from a great distance? I'm used to flat ground in South Alabama and Florida, so these hills will be a challenge I've not faced much.

"Gobble Busters"is pretty good. Anyone else want to take a shot at a name?Most every name you can imagine has been used already in past years, but it's still fun.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

I'm HERE!

Sorry, I was in Nashville all weekend for the Convention.

I'm here, and ready to contribute.

If I had as good of a year as last, I should be able to contribute 2-3 longbeards!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was tryin to come up with a name that had the nickname "Hokie" in it. BUT, when I looked at the dictionary for the definition of "Hokie" it wasn't what I thought it was...

Definition:
an emasculated turkey

So I'm not so much into the Hokie name anymore. Why would Virginia Tech use that as a mascot. Big let down. Kinda like the guy ringing the bell at the Texas TechFootball games!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I-4XS3XtZQ

"Gobble Getters"
"Hooks"
"Jellyheads"
"Sunrise Assassins"
"Roost Robbers"
"Purr'in and Spur'in"

That's all I got.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Jellyheads would work for me.That's the choke I have now.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:51 AM

Hey all, Checking in. I'll be hunting MN with a slight chance of SD.

Name idea: Find 'em, Bag 'em, Cook 'em
Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 AM

Me again. As far as hunting bluff/hill country goes put them to bed at night by going up to a high point (try not to scare any off) and make a loud screech with your call. You should hear some gobble somewhere. Take note and in the morning head off in that direction early and sound off an owl hoot or yote yelp and you should be able to hone in closer. Setup about 100 yds or so from where you heard them, when you start to hear some action in the trees and turkeys just beginning to fly down grab the front of your shirt and pull it out and in to make it sound like you are a turkey flying down along with some rustling of the foliage. Put on some softer yelps and putts and you should be back just in time for breakfeast.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice, I like the shirt trick. Thanks for the advice. I'll put it to work in about a month!

Quick Reply: Team 13 - Sunrise Assassins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.