Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team # 20 Team Cut n Strut Check In Thread >

Team # 20 Team Cut n Strut Check In Thread

Community

Team # 20 Team Cut n Strut Check In Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team # 20 Check In Thread

Went out this morning for opening day. Heard a TON of gobblers right at daylight but as soon as that sun came up it all stopped.

Had a big ol gobbler in the roost in front of us 2 hours after daylight. Kinda strange I thought. Needless to say I didnt connect this morning. Gonna give the evening a shot and see what happens.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

My season officially starts in 7 days... Which the days seem to be taking longer and longer to get here... I have been out scouting a few times and have seen 4 nice gobblers. I have also heard lots of gobbling goin on the last few days...
Old 04-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

Any one having any luck hearing the birds? Has anyone started their season yet? I dont get out til Saturday... Its killing me!
Old 04-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kpatte26

Any one having any luck hearing the birds? Has anyone started their season yet? I dont get out til Saturday... Its killing me!
Every time I've gone scouting so far, the birds have been gobbling their heads off. Last time I went out, I had one doing about four gobbles in a row. I've still got about three weeks until my season. Good luck tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone score today? I heard them gobbling from the roost but once they hit the ground nothing... I do know the birds are henned up so it will be tough for a week or so...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Glad someone is hearin birds. All the birds I found b4 season either moved out of the county or went to live in a hole in the ground. Ive only heard one gobble since it came in. I did just score 2 more properties so, well have to wait and see what happens on those. Supposedly nobody else is hunting on them so, thats a plus!
Good luck yall!!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:20 PM

The first 3 days of gobbler hunting, saw a bunch of birds(big toms), but not close enough. hunted 3 days and the only shoot i got to fire at a turkey, was when i was working a bird in front of me, and a gobbler snuck in behind me and didn't make a sound till he was 20 yard from me. when i tryed to turn around and get a shoot off he started to run and i MISSED!! i stayed in my spot to see if i could still get the other one to come to me, 5 min. later i had a coyote walk right in front of me about 35 yards away, but she could't walk away from a 3 1/2 in. federal. but still no turkey, well i have untill the end of may!!!! i have pics if the coyote if anyone can tell me how to post a pic i will put them up.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't been able to get into the woods.
My Mother has been having seizures.
And she has been in the hospital.
And I have been tied up with that.
Hopefully, I can get to the woods soon, before the season closes.

I wish every one Good Luck.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

ORIGINAL: Ihuntandfish

I've got a question for you guys. I've been trying to figure out how to upload a picture to this site and I can't do it because I keep getting a message that say "file is too large." It says the file can be a max of 200 KB, but I don't have any pictures even close to that small. I have been going to "PostReply", then to upload a file. Is there any other way to do this, or how do you do it? Thanks in advance. I'm going to need to know how to do that when I shoot my monster tom this spring
Right click on the photo, then click open with.
Then click on open with paint.
When it opens, click on Image, then click Resize/Skew, then a popup will apear.
Horizontal, and Vertical, highlite the numbers in the box and put 80 percent on both.
Then click OK, then click on file.
When it opens up, click on save as, Put the name of the picture in the top box.
Click on jpeg.
Then the picture should download to HNI.
If it is still to large, repeat above.
Thats how I get the pictures to download.
I hope this helps.
Nutzy, I had the same question as you a little while ago. Here is jrbsr's answer. It helped me out. Sounds like you've been having a pretty good season so far even though you haven't gotten one yet. I can't wait until my season in just under two weeks. Good luck.

jrbsr, I really hope that you're mother gets better. She has my prayers.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

JRBSR,
I also hope your mother gets better soon! I will pray for her!

Quick Reply: Team # 20 Team Cut n Strut Check In Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.