Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 5: Team Overload Thread >

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Hey guys. Sorry it's been so long since I've been on here. I'm in the process of moving and have been without internet for a couple weeks. It's killing me.[:@] I should be able to get on here more now.

I hunted my second season without any success. I did see a few birds but they were more interested in the real hens than with me. That's fine tho. I got my one bird and I'm happy about that. He was tasty.

Talk to ya guys soon. Peace

Old 05-31-2009, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also I forgot to mention that I went along for a ride along with my mom's bf who is a Sheriff's Deputy. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to pursue a law enforcement career and wanted to get a taste of it.

Night was going good. About 1:45 in the am we pull over a car that happened to have a couple underage drinkers in it (thank God I didn't know any of em). So he's in the process of writing citations and had to go back to the car to get some more info from one of the kids. I'm still in the passenger seat. He gets to the curb and notices a car not moving to the next lane (this is a double lane road with a median in the middle). He starts screaming at the car to stop but it never does, he yells to hang on and bang! The mother f-er hits the squad car. His car was smashed pretty good. His radiator was cracked and leaking everywhere. The squad car was damn near still mint. The fender was a little caved in but still damn good for being hit by a van going 35mph.

I was fine besides a little back pain. The guy that hit us blew a .14. Absolutely crazy night. It was awesome tho. I love the action of the job and getting to interact and help people. Beating the hell outa Crown Vic's and carrying guns is nice too. [8D]
Old 06-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Irhunter-- thats crazy,good to hear you didn't get badly hurt. Just please don't pull me over if you ever happen to work in Ohio...Kidding aside, that really is crazy about the drunk driver hitting you guys, sounds like a world's wildest police video.

I have also not been on here in a week or two. Lately it seems like there just aren't enough hours in a day, but fortunately I graduate from UC in a little over 1 week.. Looking forward to being able to work a lot more hours now and spend a lot more time at the farm finally.Since the contest is coming to an end, it was goodbeing on a team with you all. This is the first contest on any forum I've ever been in, and they are definitely fun. With all theturkey kill picturesand video footage I've seen from you guys this spring, I would say Team Overload didpretty darn good(especially considering the contest is rigged,withthe guys running the contest on really high scoring teams.

Caleb--I still think thats cool you gave up opportunities to have the gun/bow in hand, to film your buddies and get some awesome footage. I showed the "Frankenturkey" video to my girl and she said "oh my god, it was dead. It justcame back from the dead!" lol... Also, I saw the post about you getting the contest stickers. Let me knowwhen I should pm you my info. Thanks for sending them.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I too enjoyed myself this year. I'm sorry I wasn't able to close the deal and help us out but we had fun talkin junk along the way.

These contests aren't about winning, they're about enjoying time spent in the woods and meeting new people along the way. See ya'll in the deer bowhunting contest!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Adam.

I got the stickers in the mail yesterday boys, so PM me your address and i will send them out soon.

Thanks for letting me be your leader this year!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

Thanks Adam.

I got the stickers in the mail yesterday boys, so PM me your address and i will send them out soon.

Thanks for letting me be your leader this year!
Ya did good.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Typical Buck

Well sorry guys,I let you down.And sorry it took so long to get back with you.Mabe I'll have more time to hunt this fall.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

hey caleb whats up with the stickers
Old 06-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

To the guys who's addresses i have, i will be sending them out this week.

Everyone else who hasn't got me their address needs to ASAP.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't remember if I already pm'd you my address, but I think I did..

Quick Reply: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.