Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 5: Team Overload Thread >

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Community

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Well the morning hunt started off perfect. I had gobblers gobbling from 4 different places, with the closest one being about 50 yards off to my left.I was set up on a freshly tilled field. At about 6:30, a lone hen came into the field to my left, and she was soon joined by 4 deer. Once it got light, i only heardone moregobble at around 7. I hung around for awhile but nothing showed. I never even heard the close gobbler fly out of the tree. Frustrating to say the least.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep at it boys! I'm there with you in spirit.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea good luck to those still hunting, its never over till the fat lady..you know..

My Indiana hunting was put on the back burner because of too much schoolwork, death of a buddy, etc.. but I will continue to check in here to seepics of thebirds you guys will be posting up this week

Good luck to all
Old 05-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well my buddy missed one last night. 30 yards and this tom is coming, three more steps and he has a clear shot. Well this tom see's something he doesn't like and starts to get nervous. I tell him to shoot and as fast as he gets his gun up the tom is doing mach 1 for the tree line. He had to shoot threw a ton of brush so I could see how easy was to miss.

Oh well. We hada good laugh about anyway. He said they way hunting has been the last couple days, he'd consider that a success.

My season is 2 days away so hopefully we can put more points on the board.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Irhuntr
Old 05-12-2009, 01:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Only 2 hunts left for me this year boys. Im about to go out for the 1st one, wish me luck!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Spike

Hey guys, leavin out for kansas tommorrow! Hopefully i can get a good bird and help out the team!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck drake.We've been out twice with very little luck.It will happen soon hopefully.Work has been whoopin my a$$.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

We'll guys, add another to the meat pile. Got this guy at 6:05 this morning.

Had 3 toms behind me about 150 yards gobbling there heads off. They quit about5:45 and so I just sat there waiting to see what would happen. About 6:02 I hear what I thought was a gobble out in the field, now the sun is up so I can barely see. I threw the bino's up and saw that it was a tom.

I had no dekes out nor' was I calling at all, yet this guy was making a b-line right to me. How perfect would this be, I thought to myself. He gets down in a little nole and I give a fewyelps on my Primos Piggyback and 30 seconds later I see his head coming over the hill.

Now he starts gobbling his head off letting the "hen" know he's here. He keeps coming my way and at about 30 yards he must have seen my gun reflect the sunlight and starts putting and getting nervous. Now or never I said and leaned outa the way of a tree and gave it to him. He hit thedirt like Smoking Joe Frazier. I let out a sigh of relief and ran to grab the bird. Part 1 of the 2009 season is done, still got next week to put another one down.

He comes in at 18lbs, 10 1/2 beard and 1" spurs. Your score is 18 + 10 + 10 + 21 = 59

Crappy pics, I know. I was all by my lonesome self out there.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow! Talk about getting it done! Ill get it on the scorecard ASAP.

Quick Reply: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.