Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 5: Team Overload Thread >

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Community

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Dammit Adam, your driving me crazy with all these birds! I need to get out and shoot one!

Congrats again bud. Don't matter the score, it's always nice to get a bird on the ground.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Adam congrats! You're on a roll now bud!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. Irhunter, your season is creeping closer.

Rewind to saturday morning, the morning I got busted at 7 yards..Another group of birds (not the ones that busted me) strutted and gobbled on that same wide opengrassy hill for a half hour, only this time I could not make a move. They were desperatelylooking for the hen, but I didn'thave a decoy out, and they were out of range, about 60-65 yards.After that hunt I made a plan for next time to slip down closerand stick a lone hen decoy out so that they could see it no matter which ridge they came from.

Fast forward to this morning..I wentdown the ridge and put up the hen on the opposite hill, and sat up the ridge about 15 yards in a shady section of thick honeysuckle. Long story short, they gobbled all the way in, strutted around the decoy for awhile and finally gave me a ten yard shot. When I shot this bird, the other tomimmediately went crazy on my bird and started spurring it. I had to chase the other bird off before he damaged my bird. Hate to do that, but he was really tearing in to him.

Your score is 18 + 5 + 6.25 + 21.5 = 50.75

Oh well, I could care less what it scores. I think Im addicted to turkey hunting now.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think your good on lunch meat for awhile.

Great pics and congrats again!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Adam, your a machine bro

You guys arnt kidding about that gobbler being a SOB. I though he was DONE and when i glanced back over i saw him laying there and before i could even finish saying he was dead he got back up. I couldn't believe what i was seeing so i just kept the camera on him and hoped Tyler would finish the job. Everything worked out in the end. Now its all about me getting a bird.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh and as of last night we are in 10th place with 197 points. The leading team has 365.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy crap guys! I'm gone for a few days to the race in Talladega and ya'll just dropped the f-en hammer on some birds! Nice job!

My seaons ends on May 1st. It looks like my time this season is over with. I was hoping to hunt with a buddy of mine in NC since his season lasts till May 11th. It doesn't look like that's going to happen now. Between being out of town and trying to get my insurance business up and running, I just didn't have the time I wanted to turkey hunt this spring. At least ya'll are carrying my ass! Nice birds all around!
Old 04-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

How was Talladega? I bet it was a lot of fun
Old 04-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh Dega was a blast! Did you watch the race? Man, I'm glad that fence held when Edwards' car flew in to it. If not, it would have been a real bad day for a lot of people.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea that was crazy, the car just flew through the air like it weighed nothing

Quick Reply: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.