Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 5: Team Overload Thread >

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Community

Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Caleb that hunt with Tyler is crazy! That thing was tough!

Reminds me of a hunt this year where one of my buddies took out his son for the youth hunt. Long story short it was a lot like that hunt. They ended up shooting it 5 times then they had to wrestle it to the ground and finally kill it.

They are a tough animal! Great job!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Caleb, scored my bird.
Your score is 19.9375 + 10 + 8.75 + 20 = 58.6875
Old 04-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jalvja

ORIGINAL: lrhuntr

There you go Jim. Nice bird.

Thanx for postin the picture for me. 20 1/2 lb,9" beard and 7/8" spurs.scored 56.Just gettin ready to head to Ontario.Hopefullywith 2 tags I can beat this birds score

Nice bird, congrats.. I got your email just now, I had already left for the farm when you sent it, but obviously its posted now.. Good luck in Arkansas.

Rory--Awesome, another one bites the dust. Congrats!

I just got back from the Indiana farm, they are henned up there bad. Gobbling on the roost like crazy, then completely shutting down about 20 minutes after daybreak.. I'm determined to put another Ohio bird down, Istill can notbelieve I got busted so bad in Ohio Saturday morning.. 7 friggin yards behind me! All the sudden all I see isa giant beard and then birds going nuts, flying every which way and up in the same tree I'm leaning against. Its a good thing for those birds that Irefuse tobreakhunting laws, cuz they were asking to get shot down. Ohio is gonna be myfocus I think for the rest of the season. Inonly 2 huntsat this Ohio property I've seen 14 male birds, 1 hen. I have a gameplan for monday morning. Congrats guys, it looks like Team Overload is gettin it done, and we still have guys who's season hasn't even started yet!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Caleb, those videos are awesome, its only a matter of time before you're the one taking the shot. Congrats to your buddieson their birds, and you getting it on film.

Edit: I should add..that hunt with your buddy Tyler is probably the most entertaining turkey video I've ever watched. "dont swear, dont swear" lol, hilarious
Old 04-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats guys, it looks like Team Overload is gettin it done, and we still have guys who's season hasn't even started yet!
Don't remind me.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowmanaj

Caleb, those videos are awesome, its only a matter of time before you're the one taking the shot. Congrats to your buddieson their birds, and you getting it on film.

Edit: I should add..that hunt with your buddy Tyler is probably the most entertaining turkey video I've ever watched. "dont swear, dont swear" lol, hilarious
Yea, i had to cut out so much footage of Seth's because we were swearing like sailors, so i stressed to Tyler that we had to keep cool but with the way the hunt turned out we couldn't , im itching to finally be the shooter next weekend
Old 04-26-2009, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh, and Rory's bird puts Team Overload in 7th place (not including other birds entered the last few days that arnt on the scorecard)!

We have cracked the Top 10!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I were ever on a TV show the beep machine would be going off like Morse Code. [8D]I could never do live TV because something would slip outto easily.

I still crack up at that video, you no sooner get the words "he's done" outa your mouth and the bastard gets up! LOL
Old 04-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lrhuntr

If I were ever on a TV show the beep machine would be going off like Morse Code. [8D]I could never do live TV because something would slip outto easily.

I still crack up at that video, you no sooner get the words "he's done" outa your mouth and the bastard gets up! LOL
Haha, thats my favorite part. I mean thatbird looked verydead, he was laying there like a blob. The exact second he said that it gets up and starts walking..good stuff
Old 04-27-2009, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, my game plan worked.
Tagged out in Ohio, story and better pictures to come later, I gotta breast out this bird and get to school.
-Weight: 18 pounds
-Beard: 10 3/4"
-Right Spur: 1/2"
-Left Spur: 5/8"

Doubthe'll score better than my other bird cuz of the lower weight and small spurs. I'll figure the score when I get back, gotta run...

Quick Reply: Team 5: Team Overload Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.