Team 3: Sunrise Demise

Old 02-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 3 Thread

Well I dont have very many turkeys were I live but I plan on hunting with my friend on his parents land were there are quite a few of them. No gobbles yet but I have seen a fair amount of tracks. BTW how many turkeys can be entered?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe just one turkey will be counted... I will check just incase..
Old 02-23-2009, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Only one bird per hunter is used for this contest to determine High Team standings. Multiple birds shot by any one hunter, the hunter has the right to upgrade his score as the highest score can be used to replace a previously registered harvested bird. New this year will be an Overall Team standing using all birds taken by any one team. We will also try to keep record for the best Rio, Eastern, Merriam, or Osceola so make sure you tell us the specie.
Only birds harvested during any given state’s Spring Season taken in an ethical manner under “Fair Chase” using either a Shotgun (Conventional or Black Powder) or Bow can be entered. "

Okay, so in short only one bird will be counted for "High Team" standings, but you can enter ALL birds you kill for an OVERALL team score. So enter all of the birds you kill for the overall score, but make sure your biggest bird is entered for the High Team score.
This will all be more clear once everything gets started up.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:58 AM

Just don't get hung up on what you find with this early scouting. Birds patterns will change DRASTICALLY from now to mid/late April. Where they are gobbling early-mid march might be fruitless come season.

I usually dont start scouting hard until the first of April, for our area, this is just as the flocks are breaking up and spreadin out...can really help find a certain gobblers range/patterns once those flocks scatter.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah here in upstate Pa we still have quite a bit of snow. They are still in flocks and will be until mid to late March I suspect. I saw a group of around 50 yesterday on my way back to college. Saw a couple beards hanging real low too.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mid March is just about season down here, so any of the birds gobbling now will be in my general area come opening weekend, which is March 28. I can imagine it's a little early for you guys up north though. On my property, if I see a gobbler in the Fall, you can bet he will be around come Spring. I have a flock of hens that stay on or close tomy poperty year round.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Fingerz and TEmbry
Old 02-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Team name.. Sunrise Compromise... Pink Sky Assassins.. Sunrise Assassins..

(just thoughts in the thing I call my brain...)
Old 02-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

how about Sunrise Demise
Old 02-24-2009, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oooh.. thats a good one..

Quick Reply: Team 3: Sunrise Demise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.