Community

Team 3: Sunrise Demise

Old 03-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 3 Thread

Well, they havent even been made yet last I knew mossberg. There was a problem getting them made and they needed the original file to try and send the appropriate format. When they are made, sent to me, and you have sent me your address I will get them sent out.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I was bored so I edited the very first post of this thread with our total team score and biggest bird from each individual. It will be much easier to keep track of our progress this way. I'll keep it updated as more birds take a trip to the ice cream parlor in the sky.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks fingerz
Old 03-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks fingerz
Old 03-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

One more week. One week from today I will be on the road heading to Abilene. I hope to roost a few birds Friday evening and then on Saturday morning, my opener, I hope to kill one until its dead!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck tx. Get us one on the board, and have fun doing it. Be sure to update us, bird or not.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't heard from some of you in a while. How are the turkeys looking where you hunt?It's been slow here on my property in Louisiana, of course season opened just last weekend. They are gobbling, but I have no longbeards on my property as of now. I'm expecting one or two to cruise through eventually. I did call in a jake last weekend on our opener.That is the only turkey I saw all weekend. The weather wasn't too great last weekend. The weather is looking good for this weekend. I'll be going to Tennessee for a few days to hunt with a friend after Easter. Hopefully I'll have a Louisiana bird by then. Good luck to all of you.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

My season doesnt start until April 25th, but this past weekend I went out to see if the birds had seperated yet. I brought my camera just incase something exciting happened. Boy, am I glad I did. A bunch of birds were gobbling nonstopover an hour after they had gotten off the roost, so I figured they were lonely and wanted to see what they were. One series of hen yelps andI have a hen from behind me pissed off and shes yacking back at me, and the gobblers are coming in on a b-line. Due to the hen behind me continuing to call, the gobblers made their way in to my location. It ended up being 6 jakes in a group. They came within 15 feet of where I was sitting. A few minutes later a gobbler from down over the hill made his way up to the hen calling as well. ANOTHER jake. I ended up seeing 7 jakes and the hen, and all of it was captured on film. It was a fun day, but I sure hope some longbeards are in the area.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you will have a good crop next year. I would be careful though about going out and calling before season opens. You sure don't want to educate those birds. I'm sure you know what you are doing though. Sounds like you had a good day. My season in LA. closes the weekend yours opens.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree superstrutter calling before the season is a good way to mess things up. If done incorrectly. And I know this, so I wasn't about to act like it was a hunting day and call until a bird came in. So, like I said those birds were initially about 150 yards away, and I gave them one seriess of hen yelps, and thats all I planned on doing, I just wanted them to come close enough so I could see them and see if I had a longbeard or two in the bunch. So after one series of yelps, the hen decided she was going to take control, and from there out I didnt make another call, I just sat and listened to her. Nonetheless, those lonely gobblers came right in. I just sat and waited and watched.

Even if the hen wouldnt have started to yelp as she did, I only planned on calling one or two series. My logic behind it is that every day those birds hear the hens yelping etc. so I wasn't going to stir too much of a problem. And again, I was fine with seeing them at 90 yards, but when they came to 15 feet thats fine by me.

When I left the house, I didnt really want to call whatsoever, but it got the best of me. I surely wont be back out there to do it again. But it was fun and informational for me atleast.

I have a local guy that goes up with his decoys and all and calls birds in. Then after he's called them in, he will see which way they go, get up, reposition, and call the same birds in again. He does this every spring, and he never learns. That is just idiotic.

Quick Reply: Team 3: Sunrise Demise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.