Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 8 "Beard Busters" Thread >

Team 8 "Beard Busters" Thread

Community

Team 8 "Beard Busters" Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 05:09 PM

Default RE: Team 8 Thread

Hey Conner,
Put the name of our team out on the main page so we can let everone out there know who's going to win this contest...
TK....
Old 03-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Whats up guys? Just got added to the team. I'll be hunting Western Maryland beginning April 18th. It will be my first year turkey hunting. I've been hunting deer, small game and waterfowl for around 16 years. I actually went out scouting yesterday, got a good look at 1 nice gobbler, and heard at least 3 others!!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard guys. Speakin' of scouting, I just got off the phone with my brother that does all the farming on the family farm in KS. His cows are calving right now, and he told me that there's been about 200, yip...200 turkeys in the pasture with the cows for the last several mornings. SO, don't think it's going to be too tough finding a tom, or two, this spring. That's my kind of scouting.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Howler

Good job on the avatar Conner, and way to step up as team captain!! I'm about ready to give the coyotes a rest for the season, and then I'll start to focus on turks!
give the yotes a rest NO WAY man I will zap those rascals year round I am hopin to get some good sets in during turkey season glad to see that theres at least one other yote killer on the team though cant wait to get some long beards but I got till the last week of April to wait yet
Old 03-09-2009, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

welcome to the team peck. i had a coyote tournament saturday at a local bar and my buddy and i got a total of 5 coyotes. it was raining pretty good so we didnt think the yotes would be out. we only got 3rd out of 15 teams of 2 guys. it was a great time and i cant wait until next year
Old 03-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

5 coyotes called in and killed in one day is a good day any where in the country. And you guys got 3rd? WOw, how many did the 1st and 2nd palce teams get?
I've had a good year out here, got 37 total. 5 of those were in the right spot at the wrong time, not called in![8D]It's been warm and dry out here in eatern CO. this winter, and the fur buyer quit buying them two weeks ago, because they had started rubbing already. For me, it's time to start shooting the bow more, and time to get rifles tuned up to shoot prairie dogs.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Spike

Welcome to the team peck, and I try to get in some yotes but I usally end up missing haha. What guns do you guys use for them? I use an AR-15, works great. Also what kind of calls are you guys using for the coyotes?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the last two seasons, I've been using a .204 custom built AR. Love it. I just received my 2nd custom built ARand it's in the 243 wssm. cal, but I just got my scope on it and plan to shoot some test loads next weekend. How much I use the .243 wssm. is yet to be determined, but a guy can never have too many guns to choose from. I use several different hand calls, mostly Verminator distress calls, a few customs including some that I have built from cow horn, and I use a Fox Pro FX5 some also. I prefer hand calls, but the ecaller does have its advantages.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use my Ruger M77 .243 and my buddy uses a Savage .223. we use the phantom electronic calls and primos calls.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome peck,, glad to have you on the team!!

Quick Reply: Team 8 "Beard Busters" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.