Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 16  "Longbeards Inc." >

Team 16 "Longbeards Inc."

Community

Team 16 "Longbeards Inc."

Old 04-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Team 16 Thread

I hear ya man! We went out again Wednesday evening but no luck. We jumped 2 birds heading to the spot but thats it. Never even heard one respond to the call. Im thinking about heading out to my other spot in a little bit. Its about 80* right now and real windy so I'm not sure yet.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well just got back from trying to find some birds for the morning. While I've been at school my dad has been scouting over the past couple weeks and he hasn't seen any birds behind our house so we figured we needed to go somewhere else. Well we were on our way to a property that my dad has been seeing gobblers at every day and we were driving along the backside of my property and two longbeards crossed the road into my piece. That was at 7:00 so they should be in the piece but we arent sure where. Then not even a half mile up the road we saw 6 jakes. The property that my dad had been seeing birds on didnt show us anything tonight so it looks like we will be trying behind my house after all. There are definitely some birds in the area and its going to be a great morning so I have high hopes. I will let you guys know how it goes tomorrow afternoon. Good luck to anyone else going out in the morning.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well didnt get on this morning but had several opportunities. Set up near the closest birds we heard this morning and it ended up they had hens with them and the hens wanted to take them away. Called for a while, sounded like 5 or 6 different birds gobbling and a couple of hens. After a while of watching the birds at a distance 3 of the birds started going away from the group and came toward my dad and I. It ended up being 3 jakes, they snuck in without making a sound, coming in to about thirty yards. Never had a chance to draw but I dont think I would have taken one anyway.

Then after regrouping we went to another property and found two gobblers that were hot and came right in. They closed from about 150 yards to 20 yards in a couple of minutes and ended up swinging up hill from me and came in to 15 yards straight behind pine trees so I never got a shot. It was two beautiful birds and I would of loved to have shot one but it didnt work out.

If I had the gun I would have been able to shoot any of those five birds but oh well, got a bunch of time left still.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:02 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

3 more days until showtime in NY!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Good luch bhw! Give em the business.

I am back from the 2nd leg of my hunts this year but had one minor problem, I left the camera in Iowa where I was staying so its going to be a few days until I can post pictures but here is the real quick rundown;

Wisconsin = no bird
Nebraska = 3 birds, all mature toms
Kansas = 1 bird, 2 year old
Iowa = 1 big bird!
Missouri = 1 big bird!

I also managed to call in2 other toms for two different guys. It was a heck of a run. Itdoesn't always go thiswell for me

I will get theindividual bird scores posted shortly, I'm still trying todig out since returning on Sunday.

Hope everyone else is having a good season. We haven't heard from some of our team-mates. Where is everyone?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow hoot sounds like a great run of hunts! Congratulations and cant wait to see some scores and pictures
Old 04-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

I just posted all of my scores on the scoring thread, and heck, I forgot that I had 2 birds in Kansas not 1, so that should take us up there in the ranking, now the rest of you get some and lets win the bragging rights for 2009!

I still have 2 potential options for Wisconsin birds but I don't know if either will pan out.

Also, I left the digital camera in Iowa and hopefully it will be on its way here soon. I will post some pics the moment that I get them.

Who all still has hunts to go on on our team? Lets hear from you.........

hoot,
Old 05-02-2009, 09:50 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Gang,

I'm just warming up...

18 pounds
9" beard
1" spurs
Your score is 18 + 10 + 10 + 18 = 56

Old 05-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

That a way BHW!! Nice bird and nice picture. You are just getting warmed up? Where else are you hunting?

Wherever it is good luck and be safe.

I'm jealous. Wish I wasn't finished yet but thats what I get for starting so early.

Oh, to turkey hunt from the middle of March til the end of May..................one of these days.

Keep up the good work!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:48 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

only in NY this year, but I'll hold out on my next bird for a real whopper!

Quick Reply: Team 16 "Longbeards Inc."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.