Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs" >

Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

Community

Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

Old 04-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 15 Thread

Dang bears! When we were on vacation in colorado we watched early in the morning as a black bear knocked over a big garabage can.

Well no turkeys sunday evening but I did get some enjoyment out of watching 10 deer mess around in front of me. I got some pretty neat photos and videos. They were all playing around and chasing each other and two of them were trying to mate. And of course I got a picture of it. I think it might have been a button buck on a doe or a doe on a doe because the deer on top wastiny.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Finished a longbox for my Dad last night and thought I'd break it in this morning. Had a tom gobbling to it at 6:19. He gobbled probably 7 or 8 times but couldn't get him to come uphill to me. I saw him going away from me around 6:45. I didn't see one but I think he was with a hen because I could see him flapping and making a lot of noise like he was fighting or mating. It was real thick where he was so could only see flashes of shadows but I think a hen led him off. Had to pack up and get to work.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

wow that looks really nice.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:45 PM

Nice looking box call! Well it looks like were all having the same amount of Luck

I hunted Monday--first day of season in MO. and should have had a bird, but I was in the wrong place--lol, that's my excuse anyway. I heard the tom walk-strut right by me but I was on the down side of a small ridge and I wasn't able to get a shot.

Going tomorrow--Sat. and Sunday. Hope I can post a big bird on here

Old 04-26-2009, 12:15 AM
Fork Horn

well we are under a tornado watch at the moment, so hopefully a tornado will drop a turkey on my door step. it seems the only way im gunna get a bird lol..
Old 04-26-2009, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Finally the season starts here in the morning. Going out this evening to see if I can't put one to bed. Good luck to anyone hunting in Ontario.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jayman035

well we are under a tornado watch at the moment, so hopefully a tornado will drop a turkey on my door step. it seems the only way im gunna get a bird lol..
Same here. Tornados and hail around us. But for some reason when I look outside, the sky is still light. The weather people need to get there facts straight.

Good luck to your colbea.

This weekend was strange for me...strange in a good and bad way.

The good way is that I saw three huge toms, 25-30 deer, and 4 geese fight (which I got on video tape and I will be posting once I get it uploaded to youtube).
The bad way is that the three toms I saw was at 2:00 pm and I just moving my blind. No weapon at all.
Some more bad ways is that the wheather was crappy. Saturdayevening it was a little breezy and a tad bit cold, along with a few sprinkles here and there. Then all saturday night and sunday morning it was pouring down rain and thundering and lightning. I woke up at 4:30 am sunday and it was pouring down rain so I went back to bed and woke up at 6:00. There weather was fine. No wind. No rain. Somewhat warm, just a little bit cloudy. So I decided to pack up and try and get something to come in since it was only 30 minutes after they came out of there roost.
Saw 15 deer on the walk out and then saw no turkeys the whole time.
I caught 2 bluegills with no bait. Just silver hooks.
I finished my new tree/blind camera mount which I will be posting a differant topic on and Ill give you guys a link if you want to see it.
And I got a little muddy on the fourwheeler.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well a long weekend of heavy hunting turned up NOTHING. Four of us hunted some prime turkey land and all we saw were lone hens and one jake. Friday morning we heard four toms on the roost and then nothing. Two beautiful, if not too hot, days and the action was non-existent. We had hens coming to fields and the one jake came out into a field in the morning but nothing answered our calls or seemed interested in the decoys. We had a pair of nesting Canada geese buzz our decoys though. Each morning they'd come off the pond and fly over us. Saw wood ducks, hawks, vultures, songbirds, but not a single mature tom. Not sure what was going on. We had a good time though and got some work done around the cabin and did some fishing (turkey hunting is still restricted to dawn-noon until May 4). Hope to get out a few evenings after that.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-kCI5vA8Sw

Theirs the video of the geese fighting. I would suggest watching it in High Qualiy (HQ) if you can.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

I got one! First bird of the year. My buddy asked if I wanted to hunt his father in-laws place yesterday. We got set up for first light and the birds started gobbling at 5:35. At about 6:10 these two came out at 100yds. They slowly strutted their way into the decoys.At 6:25 it was all over. I hit mine at 16 yds. Goob's bird went to run by
me, when I moved it turned back towards him. Goob shoot it and dropped on top of mine. Dispite the full fans and decent beards themy bird only wieghed 15 lbs 6 oz. and Goob's 18 lbs 13 oz.
I'm on the right.

Quick Reply: Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.