Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs" >

Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

Community

Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

Old 04-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 15 Thread

well good luck. i will be heading out Monday morning if its not too windy. its forecast for 30 m/h winds, and not too sure if it would be worth my time heading out with a bow in those winds
Old 04-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

Boy reading about you guys going out and getting your birds. Sure is going to make the next 21 days long. Congrats to all who got one and good luck to those still chasing them.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get out there next weekend. Youth season starts this weekend. I might be going out to have a chat with the turkeys and also to set the blind up. Ill be taking the camera out guys so hopefully I come back with some nice footage.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

well i season started today, and il be heading out on the weekend, i counted 16 birds today so i should have a nice choice of bird.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Youth season started Saturday but it was too cold and windy to take my young ones. Saw a few turkeys in a field Wednesday and the gobbler was displaying. Slowed the car down and rolled down the window and he gobbled. My youngest son (18 months) laughed. Sunday was perfect weather but they're calling for snow today. Don't know what this weekend will be like or if the weather changes will shut down the birds.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

well i hope the weather is being nicer to you guys than it is to me. i did get to go out on saturday and there were some sightings but they had other things on there mind and went the other way. on the up side i had a great morning and got to try out some of my new calls.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well atleast you saw some things.
Youth season was this weekend... One of my friends shot a jake.

Tonight we went to the pond to burn off the leaves and when we drove down two geese flew up. We started burning around the cabin and on the dam when I spotted a big goose nest close to the water. I walked down to it and their was 5 big goose eggs in there. I raked around the nest so the fire wouldn't get to them and we watched as the fire went around making sure it wouldn't touch them. The geese flew onto the side hill about 100 yards away just watching us. I hope the smoke from the fire wouldn't do anything with the eggs. I took some pictures but I had to replace the memory card on my trail camera so I switched with my digital camera one.
We got everything burned off so I went to my turkey hunting spot to mess around with the trail cameras and to set my blind up. My blind is in a awesome spot. As I was driving out I saw a turkey (I thought it was a tom) on the hill next to us, I got pretty excited about that. I havent really been out much to check for turkeys or turkey signs to make sure they are out there. Like I've mentioned before, im gonna film my hunts. I got my camera stand in place. Hopefully the camera can video good enough through the shoot through windows on the blind.
I checked the trail camera and I had a bunch of deer but sadly no turkeys. Ill post some of the deer pics in the trail camera section soon if you want to see them.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Fork Horn

I wanna join.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

ok, you are going to have to talk to arrowmaster or JW. they are the ones running this contest. i dont have a problem with it, the more the merrier. send them a PM and im sure they will sort you pretty quick.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:48 PM

Hello all
Just checking in to let everyone know I'M still here, checking in from time to time. Can't hardly wait, Turkey season starts on Monday! I have been watching the Turkeys everyday, hard to get a pattern down right now, the weather stinks right now. Hope it warms up in the next couple of days.

Quick Reply: Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.