Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > '09 Turkey Contest
 Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs" >

Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

Community

Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

Old 02-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

This will be the official thread for team 15.
If you would, please, check in so we know whos all here.

Bolded names are people who have checked in.

Team 15
1 colbea
2 FLboy77
3 jayman035
4 John Deer
5 Msfieldmouse
6 NYhunter325
7 Pope94/IA
8 Talondale
9 Turkeytrack777
10 wackadoo
11 mrfast

Good luck to you all and lets hope we get on the score board. Remember, be safe and recognize your target before making the choice of a lifetime.

Ps Pope I hope you don't mind but this way you are away of thenew 11th person - JW
Old 02-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 15 Thread

I think it would be nice if everyone told a little bit about them.

Im Andrew. You may call me Andrew, Andy, or A.J.
Im 14 and I will be hunting with my diamond bow this spring.
I recently bought some turkey diaphram calls and have been practicing real hard with them. I will also be using a box call.
I will be filming my hunts so hopefully I will get a turkey in shooting range and get one on film for you guys.
I am involved with many sports and activities. I am involved in football, baskebtall, track, and I use to do baseball, soccer, and wrestling but as you get into highschool you cant do them all.
Our Jr High football record was 3-1-1.
Our Jr High basketball record currently (we have our last game tomorrow) is 4-6.
My AAU (traveling team) basketball had 17 championships and 4 runners up in the past 4 years. Our game record is somewhere around 55-7.

I have a little story from the past spring season...

I woke up at 5:00 and got to my hunting spot around 5:30 (gun hunting) andright when the sun was peaking over the horizon I spot a deer coming towards me followed by a tom. The deer crossed the fence and came walking right up to me (about 4 yards away) she deer spotted me and went wheezing away. The tom didn't seem to bothered by it, because it stayed in the field. It just never came within shooting range. Well I was waiting for the tom to come in to me when I heard a couple gobbles on the far opposite end of the field and there were two dominate toms that have been roaming our farm all season. Well they circled around and went into our timber. They scared the smaller tom that was near me away. I did the box call a few times and the next thing I know I see a white head pop up over the hill along with a fanned out tail. Those two turkeys were coming straight to me and I was ready for them... well just so you know I ruined the chance of a lifetime at an awesome longbeard. One of the turkeys caught me raising my gun and the one took off and the other one stood there staring at me. I did get a shot off at him but missed. Two things gone bad within 5 seconds of eachother. Hopefully I have a better time this season with my bow.

Well theres a little about me.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:33 PM
JW
Super Moderator

U be the 1st nice job! Oh and I went back and alphabetized for you - so grab your team again!

Good luck bud!

JW
Old 02-18-2009, 05:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Msfieldmouse is checking in. I'm her dad, she turns 15 in March and Pope94, don't get any thoughts. This will be her first hunt but she's ok with a shotgun. We will be hunting together in NC. Hopefully get pulled on both exclusive hunts for youth in NC. Last year, I took my son out for the first time and wacked a turkey in the first hour. When I showed her the teams and the fact her brother is on team 16, she said, I will beat him.

Update, she told me to put down she is football obsessed.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:55 PM

Checking in.
I live in texas and will be hunting both easterns in ok and rios in texas. I coach Jr. Football and Basketball and I do high school baseball.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

fieldmouse you dont need to be worrying about anything... im not into long distance relationships...

Its good to have you all on the team. Good luck this season.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:56 PM

FLboy77 Cheking in!! I live in Florida and love chasin' oceoleas!! I am 19 yrs old and I am an assistant coach at my alma mater football team. I graduated in 07 and am currently in college.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:42 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Pope I added an updated Team list for you on your first post.

Please welcome you 11th person - good luck - be safe out there and have fun!

JW
Old 02-22-2009, 05:07 PM

Hello I live in Southwest MO. and I'M getting back into turkey hunting. Good luck to everybody!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

jayman035 checking in, this is my first turkey season, i moved to the states in june last year and will me hunting NE OK and lower akansas. will be hunting with my diamond black ice, and maybe my 12g shotty. depending on my success with my bow. i will be calling in with a wing bone, andmy hunting buddies will be using slate calls.

good luck all

Quick Reply: Team 15 "The Struttn' Studs"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.