Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 arrow rest    what kind >

arrow rest what kind

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

arrow rest what kind

Old 02-24-2004, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default arrow rest what kind

My dad is having trouble figuring out what arrow rest to put on his bow. He has a bowtech mighty mite. He really likes the drop away. They also have a new apa drop away that holds your arrow like a wisker biscuit. But without the bristles. Do you have any suggestiong for a good arrowrest.[&:]
Old 02-24-2004, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: arrow rest what kind

whisker biscuit
Old 02-24-2004, 01:09 PM

Look at the GKF (Golden Key Futura) rests. They make some of the best rests on the market! They also have the best customer service i've seen. They really listen to their customers and try to help. Here's the site: www.GoldenKeyArchery.com

timba
Old 02-24-2004, 09:36 PM

I like my bodoodle. They make a rest called the Zapper that encloses the arrow like the whisker bisquit. I shoot the pro lite though.
Old 02-26-2004, 05:00 AM

i think you should go with whisker biscuit. even if the bow is upside down, the arrow doesnt fall out. besides the biscuit only slows down the arrow about 2 fps. expandables rob the arrow of energy but cut a huge hole upon impact. you most likely need a combo of these.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:59 AM

Honestly, most any arrow rest would work for him.

About the expandables.... why shoot something that makes you lose energy??? Cut on contacts will kill just as well... and they have a much better chance of passing through. Also, any broadhead will shoot well if the bow is tuned right, so don't give me that "arrow flight is better with mechanicals" stuff.... never, in 4 years of bowhunting, have I ever had to retune for my Thunderheads.

timba
Old 02-26-2004, 06:21 PM

I really like the arch rival arrow rest. It is composed of two arms that have small wheels that fit between the fletchings and the wheels roll when the arrow is shot. This rest is quality built and it looks good. You can find it at www.cabelas.com.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:57 PM

I use an apa ultimate....it was designed in a town called biggar about an hour away from me....also home of the hanson buck........these guys know what they are doing..i bought the rest last year and i love it..best thing since sliced bread...its really simple and fool proof. if it was my bow an apa would be the first thing on it...
Old 02-27-2004, 06:43 PM

QT 2000 it is a drop away.

How many times do people shoot at a deer hanging up side down from a tree?
Old 02-28-2004, 09:26 AM

My Patriot is wearing a GKF TKO, and will be for a Loooooooong time! In two words........it works! With my hunting setup only, I was sinking 4 shot groups in 4.5"@65 yards. I have it set up so that I can have my bow on my lap, turn the bow upright, draw back, and it lifts straight up. No arrows falling off the rest for me! Another thing to look at if you're looking at a full containment rest, is the GKF Whisper disc. It uses a neoprene closed cell material that will not be affected by heat or cold, and remains flexible. A fellow staffer got his and put it in water, then immediately put it in the freezer for a few hours until the water was frozen. He then pulled it out, and they were just as flexible as before. I would go with the TKO if I were you. You can shoot it as a dropaway, a spring tension rest, or a fixed launcher blade for spots.