Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
My Daughter's 1st Buck >

My Daughter's 1st Buck

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

My Daughter's 1st Buck

Old 11-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Spike

Default My Daughter's 1st Buck

Monday evening my 11 year old daughter got her first ever buck. We were set up in my ground blind near my feeder. Earlier we had a nice 8 point come in but he stayed too far out of range. My daughter was pretty bummed and even said that we should go because we weren't going to see anything else. Since I had let her skip school that day to go hunting, I told her that we were staying.

About 30 minutes later this bruiser walked in. I recognized him from pictures on my trail camera and told my daughter that I was going to take him. I had my bow in my hand and was ready to draw back. Then I set it down and told her to take him. Her eyes really lit up. I got her lined up for the shot but the buck had turned. We waited for a couple of minutes during which I had to tell my daughter to take some deep breaths. She was breathing pretty hard and fast. The buck finally presented a shot and I told her to go ahead and shoot. She asked me twice if she should shoot and both times I told her to go ahead. She finally took the shot and had her first buck. Eleven points and rough scored 155.

She went through about every emotion you can imagine; laughing, crying, shaking, she couldn't talk, etc. She was super excited. I'm really happy for her. She even used her grandpa's crossbow.

Enjoy!

Old 11-18-2014, 06:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

A nice buck that would make most adults proud. Love the smile, that says it all.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:03 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
A nice buck that would make most adults proud. Love the smile, that says it all.
Thanks! I don't regret for a moment passing on it and letting her take the shot. It was well worth it.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on her first.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

congrats on the first of many...

what did that steer weigh?
Old 11-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

Good for her. Nice buck,too.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like it was a great learning experience, w/one of the lessons being to maximize your time because you never know what will come. I applaud your decision to let her shoot. That smile is priceless!
Old 11-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to the young lady, that's how ya "gitt'er done"
RR
Old 11-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! What an awesome deer, much less a first! Congrats to her!!! (and you) Great memories made right there!

My daughter got her first 2yrs ago, I can relate. Well.... to everything except the size. Hers was a small 3pt. LOL
Old 11-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Outstanding! Offer her a hearty WELL DONE! from the Chief!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.