Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
minor hunting alone? >

minor hunting alone?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

minor hunting alone?

Old 03-24-2015, 02:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would not allow a 14 year old to drive on the roads and highways either. I am not sure 16 YO is old enough from what I have seen and from statistics of accidents by juvenile drivers. There is plenty of time to do adult things, they do not have to be done by kids. Not only is the danger to the kid, there is the danger to others being done by a child who is not mature enough to make the right decision. I know some people think their kid is special, more mature etc, however, they are still kids, not fully cooked and I would rather not bet my life or the lives of others on those kids to stroke their parents egos.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 03-24-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Spike

Just a word of advice from me who's a youth hunter. Do some hunting with your dad or whoever hunts. It's good quality time that they and you will always remember. It'll show you proper things to do, help you be more successful, and not make you buy tags yet.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure about the particulars but some states have programs where youth can be matched w/experienced hunting partners. Might be worth a look.