Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
Anybody been doing any fishing? >

Anybody been doing any fishing?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Anybody been doing any fishing?

Old 07-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I havent been fishin as much as I usally do.I have caught a few bass but mainly I have been waiding the creeks catchin bream.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

Question for stormdog, I am on your team for the Fishing contest, and have some pike/whitefish/trout that I caught, but only a few pics and none of them against a ruler.....what do i do??

BigBuck95
Old 07-14-2010, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by marlin30/30_drabe
all of them were keepers , smallest was 12 1/2 in. and biggest was 3lbs both large and small mouth

centauri i dont fish muskies only bass, panfish, trout, salmon, and a little bit of pike

storm i could submit fish all the time its just i dont remeber to put the ruler in the pics and also because i am having problems posting pics with my crappy computer, im gonna try on my dads laptop
Man up there you can probably catch smallies in every lake you fish can't you? I really wish I could do that down here, but they're only in the rivers and creeks. And there's not too many of those close to me.
I went wading a little creek that my dad used to own property on and tried for some smallies with the fly rod. No smallies but I did catch a bunch of bluegill and a couple decent little rock bass. Oh and I ran into a guy that owns a couple hundred acres on the creek, that doesn't get hunted. It's the ground my dad grew up hunting and I'm going to try and get permission to turkey hunt there.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Typical Buck

BigBuck- as long as its not a total bs number its all good i havent even been following my own rules lol
Old 07-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice pictures so far, keep em coming.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Made another trip to the creek. Managed to land a bunch of bluegill and 3 smallies. Lost a 3 pound smallie which would have been my biggest smallie ever and biggest black bass all summer. Oh well, maybe I'll run into him again soon.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Rory/MO
Made another trip to the creek. Managed to land a bunch of bluegill and 3 smallies. Lost a 3 pound smallie which would have been my biggest smallie ever and biggest black bass all summer. Oh well, maybe I'll run into him again soon.

thats a nice fish, bet he gave you a nice fight with that fly, what weight is the line, mine is a 6wt and i mostly trout fish with it and once in while, bring it to ponds
Old 07-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

No clue what weight line lol. Found the rod in my basement and decided to give it a try lately. It's really a blast catching them though, feel like they're gonna snap the rod in half!
Old 07-15-2010, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Rory/MO
No clue what weight line lol. Found the rod in my basement and decided to give it a try lately. It's really a blast catching them though, feel like they're gonna snap the rod in half!
it should say on the rod what weight it is rated for like any other fishing rod its probably 5 or 6wt maybe a 4wt
Old 07-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

It says 7'6" #3/4. I'm guessing it's a 3 or 4 weight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.