Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 how do you hunt >

how do you hunt

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

how do you hunt

Old 04-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default how do you hunt

the thread that albertianhuntress posted got me wonderin what its like and how do you do it where you live. some ppl hunt food plots or over bait some are stump setters and then there are the trackers. here in maine we have the setters and the trackers. im a tracker when we have snow or rain. if its dry or bare ground we hunt a little differently. i guess you could call it drivin deer but its a little dif. up to camp its wild country w/ big mounts and even bigger swamps that have swallowed ppl before now. basically my family has hunted up there since the 1920's so we kinda know what saddles the bucks head for when you get them started. just me and my ol man go up now cuz the other boys dont like the big woods. usually he huntshis way up intoone of the saddles and gets set down and i (cuz im younger) go on a walkabout. might take three or four times around the mountain but usually ill jump somethin and either stop him on his way out or make some noise and not hit nothinthese bucks seem to head for thee saddles when they cross from one mountain to another. it has paid off on bare ground for us quit a bit. my father has won the deer pool up there 3 out of the last five years this way. the country is wild. ledge broken rock poplar whips from old clear cuts then into the nastiest cedar swamp. those suckers are a little creepy. a scoped rifle does no good really. its alot like onterio from what i understand.

anyways i thought it would be cool to see how wide spread the tactic and terrainin this room were
Old 04-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how do you hunt

food plots, funnels, and heavily used trails here in mo for us
Old 04-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

bait sites, food sources, some trails, and drives
Old 04-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

For bow- travel routes

for rifle- still hunting, food sources, drives
Old 04-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

where in pa are ya? i shot my first 7 deer w/ a bow in honesdale penn. ihad never seen so many deer in a day inmy life. it was nothin to see 60/70 deer a day. it was really cool
Old 04-22-2008, 07:41 PM

I find a comfy tree near an area where they walk through or are naturally funneled and i sit up against the tree till about noon. Go grab a sammich, and back out by 1:30 and sit till legal shooting hours are over.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i try to sit sometimes but i cant. my sister likes too though. there just somethin about tracking that i love. you dont know where you might end up, theres a buck in front of you all day and its fun never knowing when or how the shot is going to happen
Old 04-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

sittin all day over funnels,bottlenecks,food plots,saddles,converging hubs, and points on ridges.we also do drives and track from time to time
Old 04-22-2008, 08:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

sittin all day over funnels,bottlenecks,food plots,saddles,converging hubs, and points on ridges.we also do drives and track from time to time

those are all funnels
Old 04-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

ORIGINAL: Steven McBee

those are all funnels
(shhhh ...i know, but using big words makes me sound smart lol)

Quick Reply: how do you hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.