Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 choke for trap shooting? >

choke for trap shooting?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

choke for trap shooting?

Old 02-15-2008, 04:27 PM

Default RE: choke for trap shooting?

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11

well i was about 85 percent with no choke but my first time shooting clay pigeons
is the imp cylinder the same as no choke pretty much?
i was shooting the clay pigeons probably 40 yards max with no choke
i put a choke tube in and it screwed in fine. maybe because this was the first time i never used a choke tube
Old 02-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont sugest pushing your luck! a improved cylinder is basically shooting with no chokes. just screws in, and protects your threads!!!

just cause the choke screwed in fine for NOW, doesnt mean that you didnt damage the threads! you coulda knicked them or filed them down! no good can come from shooting a gun that takes screw in chokes, with no tubes in it!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:57 PM

I wouldnt recomend shooting you gun again without a choke tube installed. I saw some guy that shot without one shoot his gun with a turkey choke and it ripped the choke right out of the gun.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i always use a modified choke. no matter what im shootin(unless its turkeys or somethin like that) but whenever i go duck hunting, skeet shootin or trap shooting, w/e i always use a modified choke. it'll let you take shots thats are a pretty good distance away yet its not to tight of a pattern for closer shots.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use full or modified, i am accurate enough with my gun that i can blast the short ones if they arent going to go far, or ill let it get out about 25-30yards before hitting it. last year i was shooting at my last clay pigeon and shot it at about 25 yards and when i was about to lower my gun i noticed i had a pretty large chunk of the pigion falling so i blasted it too, all with full. moral of the story: use what you feel comfotable with try a couple different chokes out, but NEVER shoot a gun that has screw in chokes without one again, for NO good can come from it
Old 02-16-2008, 05:17 AM

When i used to shoot trap all the time i used aMod choke and would blast them 92 out of 100 birds at about 10 yards off the trap house and almost imediatly out of a clay pigeon thrower. We had a speed gun at the traphouse to check the speed of the clays. They are doing almost 60mph out of the house!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

damn it
Old 02-16-2008, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

damn it
Whats wrong?
Old 02-16-2008, 12:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Retaks

I wouldnt recomend shooting you gun again without a choke tube installed. I saw some guy that shot without one shoot his gun with a turkey choke and it ripped the choke right out of the gun.
what are you saying i dont understand what you are saying?
i shot yesterday with a choke in it with target loads and shot fine.
so your saying i cant shoot a turkey load with a turkey choke?
Old 02-16-2008, 12:34 PM

mossberghunter93 were screwed, damn if i cant shoot a turkey load im gonna be pissed

Quick Reply: choke for trap shooting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.