" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 I'm off school today so..... >

I'm off school today so.....

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

I'm off school today so.....

Old 01-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm off school today so.....

14 im in 9th grade
Old 01-25-2008, 03:20 PM

I got schooled on teh streets of Compton
Old 01-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont you hate it when people think that you were knit sweaters all the time and your going to be doctor well thats not the case with me im a full blooded country boy
Old 01-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

14 im in 9th grade
Cool, have you been homeschooled from the start???? I have never been to public school. I was homeschooled form the beginning.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossberghunter93

well thats not the case with me im a full blooded country boy
Same here!!!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

you bet my older brothers and my oldest sister went to private schools first but they were only in till middle schoolbut i have always been homeschooled
Old 01-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hated being homeschooled. Only did it for a year... or two... I don't remember. All I remember is being fidgity and a royal pain in the butt. Blech. I went to public school and now I go to a public college. Ahhh.. the SUNY system. Designed to make you or break you.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Little Doe Peep

My mom worked nights, six days a week, (Cocktail waitress) so I guess she could have home-schooled me. I doubt she ever thought of it. I'm glad I got to go to school though because of the other kids.

I wasn't allowed to be out of the house after dark so it gave me lots of time to do my homework. She modified the after dark rule after I became a teenager, but I pretty much stayed home out of habit. By that time I was getting lots of extra homework too.

Do you guys who were home-schooled ever feel like you would have preferred to go to school and meet other kids?

Old 01-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: daddyslittlegirl

My mom worked nights, six days a week, (Cocktail waitress) so I guess she could have home-schooled me. I doubt she ever thought of it. I'm glad I got to go to school though because of the other kids.

I wasn't allowed to be out of the house after dark so it gave me lots of time to do my homework. She modified the after dark rule after I became a teenager, but I pretty much stayed home out of habit. By that time I was getting lots of extra homework too.

Do you guys who were home-schooled ever feel like you would have preferred to go to school and meet other kids?
Nope, not at all. I have grown up hunting, and this gave me more time to do it. I start my school at 7:15am, and am done by 1:30pm, so I have the whole afternoon for what I want to do.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was a hell-raiser when I was in school, so being homeschooled felt like a trap. I would pace the house until everybody else got out of school, then walk to town and hang out down by the creek. I'm a very social person, and have to have other people to interact with. If I don't hit my word quota for talking outloud each and every day I develop a twitch

Quick Reply: I'm off school today so.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.