Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 What are you planning on doing? >

What are you planning on doing?

Community
Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

What are you planning on doing?

Old 01-08-2006, 04:51 PM

Default RE: What are you planning on doing?

im a junior this year, but i plan on going to college in Bemidji here in MN. Major in secondary education and minor in Spanish. Im going to be a history teacher/ duck deer pheasnt turkey hunter.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: MNfowlplay

im a junior this year, but i plan on going to college in Bemidji here in MN. Major in secondary education and minor in Spanish. Im going to be a history teacher/ duck deer pheasnt turkey hunter.
Yeah, I'd love to go to college in Bemidji or Duluth but they don't have a program for fisheries & wildlife. I love it up there. It's only like 10 miles from the Chippewa National Forest which makes for some great biking, camping, hiking and cross-country skiing.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

forgot to mention, in my time with the Forensics degree in pursuit of a doctorate i will be spending time on a body farm in tennessee. not sure if you all watch the discovery or the national geographic channels but its been on those quite a bit. they receive donated bodies and study decomposition rates, the growth of maggots and blowflies, and what different environments can do to a body.

i've already participated in countless autopsies with the medical examiner and might consider that for future employment.

i have passed all evolutions of the NYS EMT/FIREFIGHTER exams so i always have that to fall back on as well.

my advice to you guys: plan ahead always. dreams are nice, and i'm still working on a lot of mine, but always have a plan B. not everything goes according to plan or you may have to vary from it. just make room for improvements. always have something to fall back on.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:02 PM

whatever ido i want it to be out doors and probably near my future home in the woods by a stream(my acerage will have a stream or im not buyin it)so ican hunt and fish.and no matter how my cards are dealt i know that i will always be dealt my one trump card,mycareer as a falconer.i might also work at acollege somewhere and help toward the restoration of the peregrine falconor some other birds of prey.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think whatever you truly want to do, one can do it definetly. As for me, well although i'm a tad bit older then most of everyone in here (I'm almost 28), i am going to eventually get into law enforcement. I have a couple of back up plans, which is a good idea and i agree with HG89 (she has the looks and brains in our family apparently).
Old 01-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

im in college right now at U of I in illinois. plan on going pro in football....

haha not. majoring in criminal justice and minor in accounting, after colleg
im going to be a k9 cop for four years them hopefull move up to detective.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:30 PM

funny u should say that PSE, i was accually going back and forth from NDSU and Bemidge. i like duck hunting in ND.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:35 PM

ORIGINAL: MNfowlplay

funny u should say that PSE, i was accually going back and forth from NDSU and Bemidge. i like duck hunting in ND.
Yeah, although duck hunting is good in ND, I just hate it for deer hunting because it's mainly prairies which sucks for bow hunting. I would just buy a tag for MN but it's $270 non-resident compared to $20 resident for ND. I am planning on living in Bemidji later on, though. So hopefully my career will permit that.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:54 PM

I PLAN N GOING TO LOUISIANA TECH AND MAJOR IN FORESTRY. I PLAN TO HAVE ALOT OF LAND SOME HORSES AND PLENTY OF PLACES TO HUNT
Old 01-25-2006, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

i plan on joining the army after highschool, then after i do that for a while ill prolly go to a college of some sort.

Quick Reply: What are you planning on doing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.