Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Groups > Young Hunters
 Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting >

Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting

Young Hunters Specifically for the kids, this is a great place to share experiences and meet other young hunters.

Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting

Old 01-07-2006, 04:41 PM

Default RE: Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting

ORIGINAL: Out for the kill

ORIGINAL: Hoytteen

gun hunting seems like i am somehow cheating the deer and taking ther life a 150 yds...i like it wher u can call em in into less than 20yds
The only differnce I see there is 130 yards. so its cheating them when you kill them at 150 yards, but not at 20???? HMMMMM....

I prefer Rifle
Besides the yardage, it also seems like cheating because it's a hell of a lot easier to hit a deer with a rifle than a bow. In order to be accurate with a bow you have to work hard a while before season starts in order to hit a deer but with a rifle you just go out right before season, sight it in and you're set.

Also, I just wanted to add in that a deer's 20 yards away, it is A LOT more likely to hear and see you moving around than it is at 150 yards. So at 20 yards it just seems more fair.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I say to each their own thing. As for me, i used to always hunt with a gun, and even though its still a challenge, its notnearly aschallenging as with a bow though. I got into bow hunting a couple of years ago and haven't touched a gun since (with the exception of bird hunting). As for safely wise, bowhunting is a tad be safer compared to gunhunting.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i like to bowhunt but the rut i am only trusting that 7mm-08 with a leupold VARIX-3 AND ALUMINATOR CAPPS TO KNOCK THE BIG ONE ON HIS BACK
Old 01-10-2006, 10:25 AM

i lIke to gun hunt a little bit more then bow but i like bowhunting alot dont get me wrong its alot more of a challeng but idk its just a habbit i just love shooting guns or nething.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:40 PM

i like them both but where i hunt it is more accustomed for rifles, bow hunting is funner because it is more challenging
Old 01-25-2006, 04:25 PM

I just jump from a tree and choke the deer out
Old 01-25-2006, 06:03 PM

For the need of skill and the intensity i would have to say bow but for having lots of fun and filling the frezzer.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:49 AM

Imy self like rifle hunting because when the big 160 walks out at 200 yards and you would actly have a chance to take it but i do like bow hunting also
Old 01-26-2006, 10:20 PM

I perfer gun. but like bow to but ill take rifle any day.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: huntertrav

Imy self like rifle hunting because when the big 160 walks out at 200 yards and you would actly have a chance to take it but i do like bow hunting also
Thats easy..hunting is suppose to be a challenge...if u shot him at 200 yds then that would be it...boom....wow good story ther..but if u could get him into bow range that would be a heck of a story...yep...seen him out at 200yds..half hour later called him in and then drew my bow back...and then thwack! got em!...and another thing is ur not suppose to shoot anything ya see in the woods...the important thing is that u saw somtin...anyway..just my 4 cents

Quick Reply: Bow Hunting Vs. Gun hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.